Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #151
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Only in Canada

Only in Canada......Is the Senate of Canada sustained by protocol, alcohol and Geritol
Only in Canada......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
Only in Canada......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
Only in Canada......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
Only in Canada.....do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
Only in Canada......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
Only in Canada......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
Only in Canada......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
Only in Canada......do we buy hot dogs in packages of twelve and buns in packages of eight.
Only in Canada.....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.
Only in Canada......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
Only in Canada......can you buy Tylenol containing codine without a prescription. In fact, Jane Fonda was once stopped at the U.S. border for trying to take it home.

10-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #152
Pentaxian

Quebec city, Quebec ;)

Late to the show, but here goes.

It seems I'm the only French-speaking canadian East of Montreal so far on the thread, so I thought I'd chime in.

I do know a lot of Pentaxians around town, and helped create some of them, but they don't seem to post here

Gear : K20D, ME Super that's not being used, Sigma 17-70, vivitar 70-210 series 1, Pentax 50 mm f2 (M) and f1,4 (A), Takumar bayonet 28 m and 135 mm, two manual TCs.

The collection is growing slowly, slower than my love for Pentax!
10-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #153
Inactive Account

Memory Cards

Hi All
Asked in another forum, but never received a CANADIAN answer..............
Does anyone have any experience with President's Choice memory cards??
According to the package, they read at 22.5 mb/s and write at 15 mb/sec.
The Sandisk Ultra II is 15/15.
But I know (think?) there is more to it than speed.

Any comments??
10-04-2008, 05:42 AM   #154
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It's not really the right thread for this but I just did a large print order with them and got 4 1Gb cards with the order. I haven't tried them yet. I will say though for general snap shots and non-critical shooting, they would most likely be fine. If I were doing a wedding, or some special project or event, I would never trust these or any other off brand. I've had "2nd party" brand cards die twice and only trust Sandisk versions (Extreme's and Ultra's) with critical stuff

10-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #155
Damn Brit

I would avoid anything called 'Presidents Choice' at the moment. The whole worlds turned to shit due to so called 'Presidents Choices' eh!
10-05-2008, 02:55 AM   #156
Inactive Account

If you can buy cheap memory cards at Loblaws, any chance you can snag a deal on ground beef at Henry's? I am being facetious.
I have found that it is better to purchase name-brand memory cards at reputable brick 'n mortar merchandisers.
10-05-2008, 03:04 AM   #157
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
Only in Canada

Only in Canada......Is the Senate of Canada sustained by protocol, alcohol and Geritol
Only in Canada......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
Only in Canada......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
Only in Canada......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
Only in Canada.....do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
Only in Canada......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
Only in Canada......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
Only in Canada......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
Only in Canada......do we buy hot dogs in packages of twelve and buns in packages of eight.
Only in Canada.....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.
Only in Canada......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
Only in Canada......can you buy Tylenol containing codine without a prescription. In fact, Jane Fonda was once stopped at the U.S. border for trying to take it home.
I missed this earlier. Very funny! Sadly true too....

10-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #158
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote

It seems I'm the only French-speaking canadian East of Montreal so far on the thread, so I thought I'd chime in.

I do know a lot of Pentaxians around town, and helped create some of them, but they don't seem to post here

Gear : K20D, ME Super that's not being used, Sigma 17-70, vivitar 70-210 series 1, Pentax 50 mm f2 (M) and f1,4 (A), Takumar bayonet 28 m and 135 mm, two manual TCs.

I'm from the south shore of Quebec city, i speak french, all my gear in my signature

10-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #159
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lequynorm Quote
I'm from the south shore of Quebec city, i speak french, all my gear in my signature

Hi Norm,

South shore, that means Levis or around that place?

You have the best possible view of Quebec city from the South Shore. I haven't been there for pictures since I got my K20D, but I will, hopefully soon.

Glad to see I'm not alone...
10-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #160
Forum Member

Hi Norm,

South shore, that means Levis or around that place?

You have the best possible view of Quebec city from the South Shore. I haven't been there for pictures since I got my K20D, but I will, hopefully soon.

Glad to see I'm not alone...
Just before Levis at St-Romuald, From my house i see the St-Lawrence and the Pont de Québec (Québec bridge)

Nice sunset on the bridge at this time of the year
10-07-2008, 06:56 AM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lequynorm Quote
Just before Levis at St-Romuald, From my house i see the St-Lawrence and the Pont de Québec (Québec bridge)

Nice sunset on the bridge at this time of the year
I guess the sunsets must be marvelous. South shore is really the best place to see Quebec. You're lucky to have a house right on the shore!

Crossing the bridges at rush hour isn't as nice, though
11-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saguenay, Quebec

I'm from Saguenay city (Chicoutimi) and I speak french also. From my living room, I see the Saguenay river. All my gear is in my signature. Because I don't have enough free time, photography is just a hobby for me. A+
11-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #163
Veteran Member

South Shore, Montreal, Qc

Hi guys,

Been watching the forums for near a year, and have only started posting. I live in La Prairie just south of Montreal. Was raised and now work in the West Island though.

You can check out my gear in my profile. I think LBA has me tight in her grip.

Used to shoot film in high school, and have only recently gotten back into it with the purchase of my K10d.
11-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #164
Forum Member

Newmarket, ON

Lived in most of the provinces in Canada. Just got back into cameras again after 30years with my first digital a K200D. Great camera so far though the learning curve is more than I expected. I even got some 30year old lenses that I have been playing with.
11-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #165
Pentaxian

Another one in Toronto, ON. I mostly shoot very wide panoramic landscapes which requires either the lakefront, the islands, or a drive. Spherical panos as well...

I'm a 3D rendering expert and HDR guru for a huge software company in my professional life. HDR is why I switched from Canon to Pentax (K10 then K20): 5-shot AEB at 2ev spacing *and* a USER mode on the top dial? Heavenly! Just looking for a constant mirror lockup now...