Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #31
Forum Member

Hi Guys

Glad to know theres some of you around Montreal!
I am french canadien living in North-East part of Montreal!

I owe a pentax K100D and K10D plus 35mm MZ5n
I have all of the basic of what I need for landscape wide angles to birds tele-photo as well as macro for butterflies and flowers!

I like to spend time and time in Montreal botanical garden to shot wildlife as well as in natures parks in and around Montreal! Architecture photography is also a passion ..I can spend hours in cathedrals as well as night urban shots! I guess I love everything with photography except..commercial and glamour portrait in studio..

I love to take a full afternoon, like today, and search for a Snow owl and finding myself suddenly enjoying a wonderfull scene of deers attempting to cross the river! That was beautiful and photography is always my meditation !

Ciao!

Last edited by mireille; 02-05-2008 at 12:30 AM.
02-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Just North Of Toronto

Hi, i live North of Toronto, North of Markham and East of Richmond Hill area, better known as the GTA or 905 district. I have lived here up here for about 27 years, and would never go back to city life. To many horses, cows and farms to look at.

My main personal photo interests are candid portraits, rural landscapes and old buildings and equipment. I prefer to shot most of these in B&W but..... colour will do., 35mm and 6x7 MF.
I like to shoot winter scenes in B&W, so i spend a lot of time out side in winter.

I make a modest living shooting equine events May-Oct each year, and use a variety of Nikon dslr's (D1, D1H, D2H and or the D200) and now just adding my Pentax equipment to the work. If and when the 60-250 or Tamron 70-200 comes available, i will most likely switch over to full Pentax shooting of these events.

I worked for a land survey company for 34 years, and was bought out last June, so now i just wonder around aimlessly with a camera in my hand.

Dave
02-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I live in Romania.

Keep out.
02-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #34
Veteran Member

20km south of Montreal, Qc

I live on the south shore of Montreal, in a town named St-Jean-sur-Richelieu.

The K10D is my first DSLR, and I've owned it since december 1st 2006 (I like to think I was the first regular customer in Quebec to get one ) I initially planned to get by with just one lens (Sigma 17-70mm) for 6 to 12 months, but that was before I know the pull of LBA: before april I already had 3 other lenses in my bag. That number has now doubled, although I mostly use the Sigma, FA35/2, and Vivitar 105mm macro (see my profile for the rest of my gear).

I like to shoot most anything, but my kids are my most photographed subjects. I don't think I've got a great eye, but I'm working on it and sometimes I get lucky !

02-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #35
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I live in Romania.

Keep out.
Excuse me? Was that a joke?
02-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I live in Romania.

Keep out.
If you came to Canada there's a good chance that you'll never want to return to Romania
02-05-2008, 03:24 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Excuse me? Was that a joke?
I wish it was...

02-05-2008, 03:29 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
If you came to Canada there's a good chance that you'll never want to return to Romania
Lower prices on camera gear alone would make me want to move!

Too bad I don't like your cars.
02-05-2008, 04:17 AM   #39
Veteran Member

ftpaddict may not have read the title of the thread and realized what it said - of course it doea say "Others Welcome".

Or is it the "Keep out" that needs explanation!
02-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Too bad I don't like your cars.
I don't either.

A fair amount of people here have the same feeling as well, and import 15+ year old cars in from Japan. Saving a mint.
02-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #41
Veteran Member

I don't either.

A fair amount of people here have the same feeling as well, and import 15+ year old cars in from Japan. Saving a mint.
I would qualify as one of those...ive owned 2 now. Left turns SUCK
02-06-2008, 01:28 AM   #42
Forum Member

Greetings from Vancouver BC!! Born and raised in Vancouver, spent half of my highschool life in Richmond BC where I developed the passion of photography. Now working in Vancouver and going to school in North Vancouver.

Used Pentax MF cameras in Highschool, moved up to Minolta/Canon AF/digitals. Now finally with a K10D and a Canon 30D.

Oh Canada!
02-06-2008, 06:09 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Or is it the "Keep out" that needs explanation!
Probably that. It's just a fair warning. If I were Canadian, I wouldn't want to go to Romania.

I don't either.

I could never live without my Renaults and Citroens. Sorry.
02-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #44
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Dan and I had a quick discussion via PM about his comments. I was curious and he explained that the country basically hasn't moved out of the shadows of the communist era much. Just not a welcoming place yet for anyone. He provided an article that he says is still fairly close to what life is like in Romania still today. Plus it can be a little risky for foreign visitors without a guide.

Solar Eclipse

So I totally misunderstood what he was trying to say.
02-07-2008, 12:49 AM   #45
Veteran Member

toronto

pentax