Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #166

Iqaluit - NU

hey folks! how's it going?

Greetings from "up here"... I'm originally from Brazil, but ended up in the north... waaaaaaay north... I've been around for 6 years or so in Iqaluit, NU.

I've been shooting with Pentax since I was a kid.... well, not that I've grown up that much after 35 years, hehe

Anyways, started with a K1000 with a few different cameras in between... now I'm shooting with a K20D, with a K10D back up camera and a nice set of lenses, no limiteds, but from a fisheye to 500mm f/4.5

I love concert photography, even though we don't have that much of an opportunity over here... landscape is always cool... some portraits / commercial shoots here and there...

Regards,
Ed

12-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #167
Inactive Account

Alberta

Well ok, I'm slow.. I just noticed this thread today.... Usually I just browse the "Post your Photos" forum so I'm sure there is a lot I'm missing.

Anyhow, being an airforce brat I won't/can't really say where I'm from except that I was born in Belleville and moved almost every 2 years of my life until I came out to Cold Lake to finish my high school and ended up marrying another airforce brat and staying in Alberta. I've lived in Devon near Edmonton for 30 years now while working for the railway, hence the name scott-devon.

I've been into photography just a few years and primarily find myself interested in nature shots. I consider myself an absolute amature and really need to find the time to take a proper course sometime... Meanwhile though, I'm having fun wandering around enjoying the outdoors which is what it's really all about for me.

Anyhow, nice to see so many "canucks" here and perhaps I'll bump into a few of you someday.
12-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #168
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Good Day eh.
12-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #169

The Pas, MB

I live in the Pas, Manitoba (which is about 6 hours north of Winnipeg), although I'm an American citizen born in Grand Forks, ND.
I'm 16 years old, I've been taking pictures for about 5 years and gone from kid playing with a point and shoot to a fairly serious photography student.

I shoot a lot of portraits, landscapes, and abstracts...I tend to go through phases though, focusing on different types of shots. I travel a lot, so I get the opportunity to change my subjects now and then.

Flickr: Joseph Brauer's Photostream

12-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #170

Streetsville

Hey Guys,

I'm a 16-year old living in the oldest part of Mississauga, called Streetsville (known as 'the village in the city'). I'm always travelling around the area, and I like architecture, nature, and portaiture. And as I type this, the delivery guys have just delivered my k200d
12-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #171
Inactive Account

count me in, another one from the GTA.
12-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #172
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

Native Minnesotan, been in Saskatoon for 3 years.

Just getting more serious with my photography, got started taking pictures of on- and off-road motorcycle adventures. Hope to find the funds for a macro lens for some more nature pics this summer.

Would be honoured to meet up with other locals and sponge up some knowledge.

--Mike

01-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #173

Thunder Bay, Ontario

Well I finally stumbled across a page for fellow Canadians.

I am a hobby photographer with my first SLR. I purchased my Pentax on a boxing day whim last year. (2007) I always wanted an SLR but was always to scared to buy one. So I bit the bullet last year, chose Pentax as it has a reputable name. And have never been happier with a camera.

I shoot mostly in manual mode as I feel this is the way for me to learn best.

Right now I shoot mostly at the moto x track as my 8yr old son races. I should be shooting hockey as well but it frustates me cause I can't get close enouph. So I went out this year and bought my first new lens that I am anxously awaiting the arrival of. Sigma 70-200ml F2.8. This should help me with the lighting and distance on the rink as well as the distance on the race track as next spring I will be on a much larger track.

I have a Pentax K100D with the kit lens 18 - 55mm
01-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #174
Inactive Account

Nanaimo, Vancouver Island

Hey gang. I was born in Tofino, BC, and currently reside in Nanaimo, although I spent ten years of my upbringing in Ottawa, Ontario.

I've been shooting Pentax for about half a year. I was given my father's Spotmatic F, which spurred the purchase of the K200D as it's digital counterpart. I'm now having the Spotmatic CLA'd and am putting the K200D up for sale. After learning much from both, I've decided that for the foreseeable future, film is the format I wish to work in.

I'm an amateur, but I have some ambitions. I would love to take up doing portrait, model, and event photography, but again, preferably with film as the medium. I would love to prove wrong the assumption that film is no longer the realm of professionals. I believe that with the right tools and the right head at the controls, you can get professional results from both mediums.
01-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #175
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi folks!
Nice to see a gathering of Montréal Canadiens lovers here ... (joke)
Seriously, I wouldn't have imagined such a great number of Canadians on this site and I am glad I have found it.

I live in Rivière du Loup, Québec, having returned "home" after spending years in Calgary, Toronto, Hearst (North. Ont.) and Ottawa.
Great little place to live, great scenery and plenty of nature ... thus: great place for photography.

I am just an amateur photographer but serious enough to get myself in occasional trouble with my better-half when it comes time to "invest" in new phto stuff.
As you all know, that hobby is addictive!

So, best to all of you and pleasure to see great images and find new stuff.

JP (my true initials)
01-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #176
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Brampton, Ontario

Hello, everyone, just came back from vacation.
02-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

East Ontario/West Quebec

I've seen a number of Ottawa, Montreal and environs people on this thread. Since that's about the range of potential face-to-face meeting, it seemed like a good geographic area for a Social Group, hence...

PentaxForums.com - Ottawa River

Please join, I'm feeling lonely...
02-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #178

Windsor, ON

Hello Canadians. I am back in Windsor after 2 years of school in Edinburgh, Scotland. Using my K10d/Spotmatic as I try to figure out what to do with the rest of my lifem
02-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #179

Hello

Hello all

I'm originally South Africa and living in Oakville - my name is not "Yebo Gogo". I think the direct translation from one of the African dialects means "Hello Granny" which I picked up from a TV ad that was pretty famous in SA.

If you meet any other South Africans - say "Yebo" which is a form of greeting

If you're in the surrounding area and you have a 70-200mm 2.8 for me to test shoot....need I say more.

All the best
Warren
02-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #180

Greetings fellow Canadians!

I'm born and raised in Toronto.
Currently in the Big Apple for a few years now for school and work.

I'm an amateur, my first foray into Pentax cameras being a Samsung GX-1.
Tend to snap photos of Manhattan and surrounding area's structures, subway and scenery.

David