Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A first in Pentax rebate processing...

...at least that I've seen and it's actually with my own rebate for the 43/1.9 I bought in December. I've been keeping an eye on the status of my rebate and up until tonight when I checked it again, it said that the estimated mail date of my rebate check was 2/13. When I checked it tonight, that date had been moved up to 2/6--a whole week!

After reading about the problems that a lot of people have been having with getting their rebate money back, I'm glad to be sharing some good rebate news with everybody.

That money is going to help me finance my K10 purchase. The reality of having that K10 in my camera bag is getting all the closer.

Heather

02-01-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Congrats! I've had no problems getting any of my Pentax rebates. Fastest rebate processed was the one from Tamron for my 28-75mm. I think I got the check within three weeks of mailing the form out.
02-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought my K10D on Thanksgiving weekend and sent in my rebate stuff in early december and got the check last week. No problems.
02-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I sent my holiday rebate stuff in on January 3rd; the check arrived on February 2nd. A new record? That's about as fast as I can remember a rebate check arriving, ever!

02-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
Forum Member

i got my camera about jan 3 - am i eligable for a rebate ? how do i find out more about this ???

tia
02-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JrPentax Quote
i got my camera about jan 3 - am i eligable for a rebate ? how do i find out more about this ???

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/pdf/rebates/13944.pdf

But, hurry up — one of the rules is that requests must be postmarked with 30 days of purchase, and as with all rebates, they're eager to disqualify you for any reason. So if you really did buy it Jan 3., you're two days too late.
02-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
Forum Member

no rebates for australia????

:-)

thanks though

02-05-2008, 04:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Sorry, mate; that was a Pentax USA deal.
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #9

I submitted rebate form for my K100D kit in May and got the rebate in January after some phone calls and faxing the form to Pentax. Should I mention that rebate website printed in the form was down and the phone number was disconnected?
I guess I was so "lucky" because Pentax changed rebate processor in July. I guess a lot of submitted rebates got lost.
02-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I've seen lots of complaints about the Pentax rebates. I admit to not reading every single post about it, but I don't ever recall seeing one mention of how Pentax switched rebate processing companies last summer. I'd guess that a lot of the complaints have a lot to do with the previous company or people getting caught in the switch. Just a thought some might like to keep in mind.
02-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
I've seen lots of complaints about the Pentax rebates. I admit to not reading every single post about it, but I don't ever recall seeing one mention of how Pentax switched rebate processing companies last summer. I'd guess that a lot of the complaints have a lot to do with the previous company or people getting caught in the switch. Just a thought some might like to keep in mind.
For what it's worth, I had no trouble with my K100D and DA 40 Limited rebate with the previous company, but the new company claimed I hadn't sent in the correct UPC symbol for my K10D and I had to call Pentax to get it straightened out.

Rebate companies just all suck.
02-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I mailed my rebate form and UPCs on December 22nd i believe, and recd the check yesterday, so it took a little over a month, I am very pleased with their service. From what I have read, I believe they changed their rebate company a while back, maybe the new one is much better than the old one....
02-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Changed their minds?

I mailed in my rebate information on December 31. The information on my status page for the past few weeks has been "...will be mailed February 6". Now however it says:

We have received your submission and it is being processed. Submission status information is updated daily. Please continue to check this website to find the mail date for your submission.

You decide.
02-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I checked mine and it said that it had been mailed on the 6th (yesterday) and to allow 15 days for delivery. I find it hard to believe that it would take 15 days--maybe 5 days, depending on where it's coming from.

I checked the corporate site and apparently, this company has offices in Tampa, FL (just a couple of hours away from me), Tempe, AZ, Toronto, and Ireland. Even if the check came from Tempe, it wouldn't take 15 days to get to Florida.

Ror, go ahead and check the website again because I got the same message yesterday, as well.

Heather
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
Ror, go ahead and check the website again because I got the same message yesterday, as well.

Heather
HA! Now the message says:
Your rebate check was mailed on 06-Feb-2008. Please allow at least 15 days for delivery.

I should have requested direct deposit