Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mixed Source

I will be fielding questions regarding mixed source lighting and creative uses in Fashion/Beauty and Advertising.

Feel free to shoot away.

Ben

Attached Images

02-07-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice image. How many lights did you use for the shot?
02-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The fog or mist looks like something alive like nano machine of some kind. The colour and the shadows are all filling all parts of the photo. It would be a great tip to know how many lighting sources there are to peep into the world of Ben
02-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
...???

Would you believe only two (2)

Ben

Sooooo...How did I do it?

02-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

One way to do that effect (and not the only one) is to use a color filter in front of your camera and WB through it. Then you put the filter on the flash itself and adjust exposure for your main subject. The tint from the flash will be cancelled by the custom WB you previously set at your distance you had your exposure set for. Just give it a try, it is surprising what you can get!
02-08-2008, 03:05 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Would you believe only two (2)

Ben

Sooooo...How did I do it?
so how did you do it? and what kind of light?flash or continuous? aprox. how powerfull?

thanks a lot!
02-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Looking at the shadow behind the person in the background, I would say one of the light ( likely the one with a red filter) is behind the model in the foreground. The way the shadow is spreading out behind the background model seems to suggest that.

02-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Looking at the shadow behind the person in the background, I would say one of the light ( likely the one with a red filter) is behind the model in the foreground. The way the shadow is spreading out behind the background model seems to suggest that.
One light about 8 feet high with a maroon gel covering the wall and the man in the back. Position is to the left of the picture.

The other hard light is also to the left of the model with barn doors covering about a foot of light wide and 5 feet vertical. <-- is that possible(a small thin door shape of light)? so as to just cover the side of the model. About face high. Perhaps a "full blue" gelatin to correct the lighting.

That's my guess.

Last edited by Pentaxtic; 02-09-2008 at 10:09 PM.
02-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Guys you have come up with many ways to accomplish the same image..Well Done!!!

Ben
Attached Images

02-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxtic Quote
One light about 8 feet high with a maroon gel covering the wall and the man in the back. Position is to the left of the picture.

The other hard light is also to the left of the model with barn doors covering about a foot of light wide and 5 feet vertical. <-- is that possible(a small thin door shape of light)? so as to just cover the side of the model. About face high. Perhaps a "full blue" gelatin to correct the lighting.

That's my guess.

My thought was similar to this with 2 left lights and the rear one with a gel to get the colour. But I wonder if the image itself is a multi exposure. Take the background shot with the purple/maroon colour and then introduce the female model to the scene after removing the male model. Then the fog is added later.

??????
02-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Guys you have come up with many ways to accomplish the same image..Well Done!!!

Ben

For this one a barn door with about 4 by one feet vertical light shown on the mode. Assuming this from the reflection on the pail of paint. Situated to the right of the camera.

Another light with a honeycomb infront to diffuse the light. Probably situated near the camera pointing at the man, railing, and back wall.