Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-23-2012, 10:13 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Clamp Rig

Just thought I would post a couple of shots of the rig I use to stabilise flowers when it is a bit windy. I use a light stand to which I clamp a DIY spring clamp. the green clamp is actually made to hold plants to stays in the garden. It works well enough, but I think I need to develop it further with a horizontal arm. I needed it big time today another windy one.

10-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great idea!
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Great idea!
Thanks it has always been a problem and I needed a solution that didn't require any work because I tend to think about construction too long.
10-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My simple version is shown below, just two cheapo clamps hot glued and zip tied end to end. Great for holding plants steady, holding small fill or black cards or other miscellaneous things.

If you google "plamp" you'll come up with a number of diy versions as well as the ready made Wimberly "Plamp". There's a few options for a flexible but rigid arm with a clamp at either end, one that looks like a giant twist tie, DIY Plamp #1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!, or one made from LocLine that looks more like the Wimberly version, DIY Mega-Plamp (aka Blamp) - FM Forums.

There's also the ready made 'NastyClamps', but they're probably overkill for holding lightweight plants in the wind.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
10-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
My simple version is shown below, just two cheapo clamps hot glued and zip tied end to end. Great for holding plants steady, holding small fill or black cards or other miscellaneous things.

If you google "plamp" you'll come up with a number of diy versions as well as the ready made Wimberly "Plamp". There's a few options for a flexible but rigid arm with a clamp at either end, one that looks like a giant twist tie, DIY Plamp #1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!, or one made from LocLine that looks more like the Wimberly version, DIY Mega-Plamp (aka Blamp) - FM Forums.

There's also the ready made 'NastyClamps', but they're probably overkill for holding lightweight plants in the wind.
I'm getting a few ideas, thanks. Yours looks great for holding backing.
10-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great info and ideas, guys. Thanks. I have need of this sort of rig, too.