Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #91
Forum Member

I've actually been using Instagram to teach my wife the fundamentals of photography.

03-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SingingSabre Quote
I've actually been using Instagram to teach my wife the fundamentals of photography.
l

Well at least you're using it for a reason and not for telling the world about you 'professional photography'.
03-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #93
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ASheffield Quote
l

Well at least you're using it for a reason and not for telling the world about you 'professional photography'.
A tool is a tool, what matters is what you use it for. Instagram is just fun for me. I like the vintage filters and occasionally get some pro-grade results, but many others get crappy results from their pro-grade cameras.
03-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not going to read through the 7 pages of responses, but I am sure this has been said. Instagram is so popular because it is so easy. It is easy to apply the effects and it is east to make an otherwise terrible image to look "artsy". To someone who knows so little about photography that their ONLY camera is a cell phone, instagram provides them with the ability to "photoshop" their images like a "pro."

I might be sick of the effects (and brides wanting their albums to look "instagramed"), but at least it has gotten more people interested in photography.

04-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Instagram is just fun for me.
I agree... I'm on instagram as it's quite simply FUN.

There are so many people on Instagram that you can easily follow people who post the kind of photos you like and ignore the "fluff".

Just my 2 cents....

Pat
04-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #96
Veteran Member

A tool is a tool, what matters is what you use it for. Instagram is just fun for me. I like the vintage filters and occasionally get some pro-grade results, but many others get crappy results from their pro-grade cameras.
Agreed. The end result is the only thing that counts.
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #97
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Yep. I agree. It's ok (really, it is!) if you want to be a purist and only keep your photos straight out of the camera. But it's equally ok if you want to use filters, effects, etc. to get the end result you want. I have no problem tweaking the heck out of a photo with effects and filters, if it will make it more compelling. I don't always do it, but sometimes, I do. When I take a photo, I have an idea of how I want it to look. I get it as close in the camera as possible, and the rest is taken care of in post.

Like these?

These were a lot less interesting straight out of the camera. I set out to take these with the intent of 'shopping the heck out of them & making them look all old & creepy.
Looking back at old posts, I just noticed the two little girls in the back. Reminds me of something I'd see on Creepy Pasta.

04-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Magnum Photographer Pinhassov takes some awesome Intagram photos

Instagram

And once in a while I'll get something interesting

Photo by johnmichaelflores • Instagram

Most of the time I'm just goofing around, taking pictures of food and visual puns. I'm not hurting anyone, so there's no need to judge.
05-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #99
Veteran Member

Reviving an old thread. Has anyone started using Instagram? I am eponymously named johnmichaelflores. What's yours?

Some pics:

05-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Has anyone started using Instagram? I am eponymously named johnmichaelflores. What's yours?
Followed... I go by the same username as here... ve2vfd

Pat
05-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #101
Veteran Member

johnroberts72 over there, but my use of the service has been limited to twice so far for anything. Mostly because I rarely have the phone out and about with me.
05-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #102
Veteran Member

I love instagram, but not really why everyone else does, I use instagram to follow a lot of different artist, blogs, social groups and what not, good way to keep updated with em, example I'm following the Trailer Park Boys and they post images live to instagram of them behind the scenes filming the new movie. I uploaded a couple images and got bombarded with BOTs liking my images, annoying. I just downloaded the new OGGL app which is way better than instagram for photographers but it's hipstamtic exclusive, luckily thats the only program I shoot with on my iPhone and the filters are all the same.