Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
TaV mode

K10D and TaV mode, tried this afternoon to take a few pics and needed to open the apature from f4.5 i think it was to f2.8 and it would not let me??..
May i ask what the reason would have been in this mode??.
It was daylight as i mentuioned and rather overcast trying to take some Photos of some fruit under the folliage/canopy of my Paw Paw tree, hence needing a bigger appature.
Now i knowin this mode it sets the ISO to a value it sees fit and it raised it to 400 ISO but histogram was staill a fair way to the left leaving Pics rather dark and underexposed..
Cheers and thanking in advance..

02-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't have my camera here just now, but i think you have to set the maximum ISO to go to , do yoou not.

I used it for a while and had no problems. I found a +0.3 ev helped

Dave
02-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

What lens were you using? was it capable of acheiving f/2.8 at your desired focal length?

I ask because my camera allows me to use my full range of shutterspeed and aperture combination, the aperture is limited by the lens physical capablities.. The info bar in the viewfinder will just blink if it is unable to obtain proper exposure.

As for underexposing, EV compensation adjustments is still necessary as your are still letting the camera do adjustments to the ISO based on it's calculations. So if it's underexposing, turn your EV compensation up.
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As suggested..''EV'' comp is likely the culprit