Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, as many will have already noticed, I am from Newcastle. Now when I mention Newcastle, most people think of a dirty industrial city, with smoke and lots of coal mines etc. NOT SO!
Since the closing of BHP it is slowly turning into quite a popular place.
Cruise ships now make thi sa regular stop over.
Newcastle and the Hunter valley has a huge future.Is happening in a big way as I speak. For me having lived here all my life its too huge.
Love my photography, love my Pentax K10d. Sometimes I think the camera etc is the only thing that keeps my sanity
GO THE KNIGHTS!!

02-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I'm an industrial chemist and have always lived in Melbourne. Was big into photography in the 70s and early 80s with a Minolta SRT 101. After the camera and all my gear was stolen I lost interest for a decade. Bought a Pentax Z1 in the early 90s but after a couple of years it fell into disuse; and then I became seduced by the convenience of digital point-and-shoot cameras.

On some strange whim I bought a DSLR last year, a K10D, and it reawakened an interest. In the interveneing decades I seem to have lost any skills in composition I had, but what the heck, I'm having fun, and these forums are good for some interaction with like-equipped fellows.
02-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Another Melbournian here. Started my photography hobby about 4 years ago with a Panasonic FZ20 and got into Pentax system after my bro gave me his MZ-50 film body with two Sigma lenses. Bought my first DSLR, Pentax *istDS, after one year of shooting film. Bought and sold quite a few lenses after that and finally got my K10D end of last year.
02-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #19
Forum Member

One from Adelaide

Hi All,

Another Aussie here, im from Adelaide, Starting with Film on a Ricoh 10 or so years ago, then switched to Pentax 3 or so years ago on a DL. I suffer(ed) the dreaded LBA, the thing is even when you think you have all you want you always see something else....

Dave

04-18-2008, 05:59 AM   #20

Hi,

Mike from Perth. Seems like not many are from WA. Started with MZ-50 8 years ago, then switched to digicam due to the cost of developing film. Was having Optio-30 then Sony W1 before getting K100D. Then goes the LBA..... and hiding stuff from the CFO...
04-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi,
One of the few Sandgropers here. Still shooting with my *istDS and hoping to upgrade to K20D soon. Mostly take Photos of my kids (which is what got me back into photography).

Member of the Western Edge Photography club and enjoying that. (Would love to see another Pentax there though)

Kirk
04-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
Sunnybank, a suburb on the south side of Brisbane. The K100D Super is my first DSLR. Bought 6 months ago.

Dan
Lemme guess, you're Chinese ?

Lith, Newmarket, another Brisvegas suburb. Late of Tamworth and Bingara in NW NSW.

04-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Surfcoast, Victoria

Used to shoot on my Nikonos (stolen) then back to point and shooters after that. Did some occasional shooting on an OM2 for my SLR fix. I purchased a K10D from B&H and have been very happy since.

I have a job that takes me to interesting fire related places, and as a consequence my photography reflects this.
04-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Illawarra NSW

Years of P&S now waiting for delivery of K10D

Wait killing me

Go the Blues

Sorry couldnt help ut

cheers
04-22-2008, 03:37 AM   #25
Inactive Account

yeh i am from Geelong here

hope we can get a group together one day so i can bloody learne how to use my K100D properly lol

jason
04-22-2008, 03:54 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I am from NW Sydney in the Hawkesbury region.

Got my Pentax K10D for my B'day last year (great 20th pressie to myself).
It's been awesome ever since ... I have learnt to much from the great people on here.
Would be good to organise some meetups as well.

The only issue I have now is ... I spend more money on the camera gear than the ute.

Actually ... for us Aussies ... there is another site that hold a lot of meets and other events .. and online competitions as well ... I recently joined.

It is digitalslr.com.au ... there's a fair amount of Canikon users on there ... but at least they aren't your stereotypical types ... it's not a bad place either.
04-22-2008, 06:29 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Dunno, Mech - I've been there, and they have a "Canon Forum," a "Nikon Forum," and an "Everything Else" forum.
04-26-2008, 01:53 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Dunno, Mech - I've been there, and they have a "Canon Forum," a "Nikon Forum," and an "Everything Else" forum.
True they do ... but that's due to lack of Pentax users on there ... which is fair enough.
I have managed to preach to the masses that Pentax isn't all that bad and can produce some decent images.

In the end ... they are all avid photographers will to share information and great images
04-26-2008, 03:39 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Lemme guess, you're Chinese ?
No, a many-generational Aussie (of mainly Irish heritage), married to an ex-Fijian citizen (now an Aussie citizen) who is of the I-Kiribati (Banaban) racial group, with a niece-in-law living with us as a full-time carer who is of I-Kiribati/Kosrae (Fed. States of Micronesia)/American Red Indian racial heritage (also now an Aussie citizen), with a lovely Filipino family next door.

Most of my friends are through the local church and they're Fijian, Tongan, Argentinean, Spanish, Cook Islander, I-Kiribati, Sudanese, Congolese, Eritrean.

Three of my workmates recently bought their first DSLRs: a Laotian bought a Nikon D40x; an Indian bought a Nikon D60 (I think); a Vietnamese guy bought a 2nd-hand Fijifilm S2 Pro.

Yes, there's a lot of Chinese in Sunnybank, but I live in a fairly multi-cultural world even without that.
04-26-2008, 05:52 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
True they do ... but that's due to lack of Pentax users on there ... which is fair enough.
I have managed to preach to the masses that Pentax isn't all that bad and can produce some decent images.

In the end ... they are all avid photographers will to share information and great images
Sounds interesting. I am logging in to have a look.