Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
RAW Button Programming

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum.

I just picked up the K10d w/ the 18-250 lens. me likey.

what me no likey is my crappy memory.

My issue:
I want to use the RAW button to toggle between jpeg and raw. Not RAW and RAW+ and not RAW+ and JPEG.

Any help with this is much appreciated. I bought a k10d and returned to buy another k10d at a better price. SOMEHOW I had set up the RAW button to 'toggle' between RAW and JPEG.

if anybody knows how I did that, please help.

Thanks for the great site. I have browsed a lot of threads before buying the k10d. Lots of great info. Eventually it'd be nice to contribute. Until then, maybe someone can search this thread and find their answer.

cheers,
matt

02-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #2

Original Poster
damn. wrong area.

please move me to the appropriate area for this question and .... give me an answer.
02-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Page 122 of the User manual is what you want.

Rusty
02-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Forum Member

as far as i know, the RAW button can toggle, or one shot switch, between jpg and RAW+, and can't be set between jpg and RAW, which is a drag, cause id much rather have that. i dont have the need for a raw and a jpeg.

Right now I have USER set to take jpegs, and the rest are set for raw and 6mp jpeg, in case i think i might need a jpeg fast. I usually shoot raw so this works out pretty well.

02-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
that's what is blowing my mind. Is I had my previous model toggling between RAW and JPEG :S

Thanks for the response rusty.
02-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The K20D has much more flexibility for controling the RAW button function. Seems like Matt isn't the only user who wanted more options. This seems like a software issue, but sadly I read in another thread that Pentax doesn't plan any more firmware updates for the K10D. One can hope.
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #7

Original Poster
well. Here is some news then.

I was using the raw button to switch back and forth between RAW and JPEG. I might have to go back and buy that camera I returned, as it seems to be a bit of an anomaly.

I saved $150.00 going with the the current body. I can't believe I passed the previous body up though. I am going to go back to the store and track down the camera I returned. Will update on here if there is anything special in the settings that allowed me to switch back and forth. I can say with 100% certainty that I had this functionality ... as I just transfered the last pics that I took with the previous body off the memory card to format it for the new body and they were all RAW pics that did not have an identical JPEG.

any help out there from folks who have had this ability and know how they did it. Sounds like it may help a bunch of folks out.

03-02-2008, 02:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ok late to answer...

But you can set "user" to jpeg, and have the other settings just as RAW. That way you can switch between JPEG and RAW with a turn of the mode dial.

Granted, the "user" setting only allows you to use one mode. I have mine set to "program"
03-02-2008, 06:42 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did this change with any of the firmware updates? This camera may be on different firmware than previous one.
thanks
barondla