Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks guys!

QuoteOriginally posted by kent vinyard Quote
Marc,
Looks like the planning of the trip has begun. I have a lepp flash extender that you are welcome to use as I hardly ever use it. I also have a portable blind like the one Tom Lusk uses that you can use unless you just want to buy one. Reminds me of the days in the past when my brother and I would plan our photo trips--Florida Everglades , Yellowstone , etc. No matter how it turns out you will have a life time of memories (and hope fulley some prize money too.)
I'll take you up on the offer for the blind and flash extender, in case Ron doesn't check in soon - thank you Kent! Reason is that I can keep the blinds setup at different locations. I'll probably get the one I mentioned, and have yours at another location.

It's a heady feeling of excitement - it's very hard to describe, and I really hope to honor the competition.

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Marc,

Just wanted to add my congrats and best wishes to the pot. We all have confidence in you and look forward to seeing the results and the photo of you with one of those great big checks.

Hey Ned B, if you're readin this help a guy out and sponsor that big ole 600mm... Marc won't let Pentax down.
Thank you Mike for the comments - and the vote of confidence.

Regards,
Marc

02-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Got you coverd Marc, just let me know when you are going down. I figured you would be going down on I35 so I could meet you here in Norman
02-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kent vinyard Quote
Got you coverd Marc, just let me know when you are going down. I figured you would be going down on I35 so I could meet you here in Norman
Thank you Kent... you are very kind!

I've posted some potentially positive news here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/21821-some-potentially-in...tml#post186750

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 02-29-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: clarification
02-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #49
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not bad Marc. Looks like you have a whole team chipping it. Nice to have the support. I'd send you down the Bigma but I fear it's not up to the challenge at this calibre. Maybe little too slow and not quite sharp enough. Then again with a K20D you never know. It's there for the asking!

Btw, I might be coming down that way in April (04/27-05/03). I just found out today I might be going to the High Point NC Furniture show. It's only a quick drive across Tennessee to get to your area.

03-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Not bad Marc. Looks like you have a whole team chipping it. Nice to have the support. I'd send you down the Bigma but I fear it's not up to the challenge at this calibre. Maybe little too slow and not quite sharp enough. Then again with a K20D you never know. It's there for the asking!

Btw, I might be coming down that way in April (04/27-05/03). I just found out today I might be going to the High Point NC Furniture show. It's only a quick drive across Tennessee to get to your area.
It's really awesome how folks are offering to assist in meaningful ways! I'll keep the Bigma in mind...

Regarding your trip: hopefully I won't be somewhere in Texas! Please keep me posted. Actually I think the Mid-State Photographic Symposium is on the first weekend in May - about 1.5 hours from Fayetteville - held in Eureka Springs, AR.

Cheers,
Marc