Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2013, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yashentax pictures

Some time ago I bought a Yashica viewfinder camera with Yashinon 45mm F1.7 with the dream to convert the lens for my K20D.
Well it did not go very well, so parts of the lens were waiting for a better time.
A couple of days ago another SMC Pentax 50mm 1/1.7 came to me, with fungus inside.
It was cleaned by hydrogen peroxide without no impact on the glass. Actually the lens almost fully immersed into the liquid to kill all organic creatures. Then it was dried and the liquid residues was blown by an air blower.
Well the question was, what to do with that?
The answer came immediately let's experiment with this.
First, I inserted the front element backwords, just to see what happens. It worked, I got some 'lensbaby' effect (maybe later I add some pictures). Then I took the Yashinon's fron element and inserted backwords, unfortunately it did not fit.
The next experiment was to try the Yashinon's element in a 'normal' way.
I got something, I was able to take pictures of the objects from ~40-45 cm distance.
The name of the newborn baby is Yashentax!!!...
Here it is some examples:

Thank you!

03-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

That's not sharp, really, but very, very artistic. The bokeh has a quality that's rarely seen.
03-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
That's not sharp, really, but very, very artistic. The bokeh has a quality that's rarely seen.
Thank you...It is not indeed...The colored ones were taken wide open...I was not looking for sharpness with them...
03-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Forgot to mention..no serious PPing was done with those pictures...just resizing and a little bit sharpness for the B/W one..
A couple of words about sharpness.
The pictures below were just resized:

100% crop

and the B/W one:

03-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wonderful images!! I think that you have a wonderful lens combination there.

Also, there may be some hope in using the Yashica lenses on a Pentax body. The Yashica lenses are either M42 (which are currently useable) or a C/Y mount that have not in the past. Here is some news on modifying the camera body's mount slightly....
03-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Wonderful images!! I think that you have a wonderful lens combination there.

Also, there may be some hope in using the Yashica lenses on a Pentax body. The Yashica lenses are either M42 (which are currently useable) or a C/Y mount that have not in the past. Here is some news on modifying the camera body's mount slightly....
thank you!
Unfortunately the flange distance for Yashinon DX 45mm is ~29 mm, there is no way to mount it on DSLR, maybe on mirrorless.
03-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
kind of Lensbaby effect, with the element from Yashinon...I forgot ...ducktape heals all the issues with attaching...

03-15-2013, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One more