Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #31
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's great news Marc, Good to use a body that you are at least partially familar with. So if I remember right the competion will run April 1 to June 30th. When are you going to be there? We'll all be waiting on the updates when you get back. Good luck.

03-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
That's great news Marc, Good to use a body that you are at least partially familar with. So if I remember right the competion will run April 1 to June 30th. When are you going to be there? We'll all be waiting on the updates when you get back. Good luck.
Thanks Peter! I am looking forward to using the K20D! I've been around Nikon D200 cameras enough to know they're very similar in terms of menus, so it's not too bad. I've got multi-card readers, so all I need to get is a few more cards. I've already got a brand new Seagate 320GB in an external USB enclosure, so lots of space is there with the other 110GB left on my first one.

The plan is to fly into San Antonio via Dallas-Fort Worth, which is only 3 - 3.5 hours of driving from the ranch

Booked:
April 5th - 13th

Pending booking the ticket, etc.:
April 19th - 27th
May 9th - 18th
May 30th - June 7th

If I discount travel days (1/2 day), then I'm doing 32 days of shooting so far. Not sure if I'll do one more trip in the 3rd or 4th week of June, since it runs April 1st-June 30th. Still sitting on buying a Pelican 1514 case to hold the "big two" lenses plus a few things. Then I can do plane-side check-in with that one if necessary, and not be at the mercy of regular baggage check-in. I may consider shipping some things down in advance, so my airline baggage is minimized (eg. tripods, blinds, etc.)

I hope these very long stints will bring up my photography another notch... If not, time to pack it in...

Cheers,
Marc
04-04-2008, 05:05 AM   #33
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
fantastic fantastic fantastic

good luck and full congratulations
04-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like things are lining up nicely Marc. I wish you all the best shooting and I can't wait to see what you come back with! I hope you fill us in on the details upon your return too. You know there are many of us waiting on the edge of our seat to hear.