Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
EXIF Viewer plugin (firefox)

This might be something already known to you, but I discovered this just recently.

If you use Firefox browser, there is a nice add-on plug-in that adds a EXIF data viewer to your browser. You just right click on the image in the browser and you'll have the EXIF data of that image (if available)

See https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5673

Last edited by gawan; 03-05-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: simplified the language
03-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #2

Great plugin!

Thanks for sharing!
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

hahaha all this time!

great, thank you so much.
03-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Reports are this one is better..
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3905

03-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Geekybiker Quote
I've tried them both, and while the one you mentioned seems to have more data, and you can turn some of it on and off, I have found that the one in the OP has the information I need to see. The biggest reason I use the one from the OP is that it displays the information in a popup window, where as the one you mentioned redirects your browser to another page. While it does shot the picture still, I just don't want to have to go away from the page I'm on to see the data, the popup window is a better solution for me. They are both great addons though, you just have to decide which way you like better.

ETA: I take that back, I just tried it again and it does a popup. I'm not sure why I like the other one better. I'll have to try them both for a while and decide again.
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Geekybiker Quote
I tried that too, but found it too cumbersome to use so this little one I reported was quick and easy and suits me perfectly... Thank for mentioning, though, now others have a choice.
03-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I use the IExif by Opanda plugin for FF. Love it, use it all the time...too bad certain sites like Flickr and Photobucket block direct EXIF viewing

03-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I've heard of Opanda, and it works with pretty much all the browsers. I know a lot of people that still use IE that use Opanda. I haven't tried it though, since I like the addon I already have.
03-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
I use the IExif by Opanda plugin for FF. Love it, use it all the time...too bad certain sites like Flickr and Photobucket block direct EXIF viewing
Here's a trick for seeing details on Flickr. Works with the plugin GeekyBiker provided, and windoz with FireFox:
Click until you get to the largest image possible, right click and 'view image', then once the image displays in it's own window you should be able to view the EXIF.
03-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
That I did not know, thanks for the tip! Have to check it out.