Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Rebate Nightmare

Has anyone else been hoodwinked by Pentax regarding the Holiday rebate? I purchased a k100 d super kit over the internet and very prompty sent the UPC codes for the camera and lense along with my receipt. I have now been rejected 2 times. If you ask me this is very deceptive. I cannot get anyone at Pentax to explain why I am being rejected. $100 is a lot of money to me and shouldn't have to deal with this. Otherwise, I love the camera but would have never bought if I knew that I was going to be screwed.

03-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I received a rebate on a K10D and a grip... had no problems.
03-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Even I didnt have any problems in getting the rebate
03-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Has anyone else been hoodwinked by Pentax regarding the Holiday rebate? I purchased a k100 d super kit over the internet and very prompty sent the UPC codes for the camera and lense along with my receipt. I have now been rejected 2 times. If you ask me this is very deceptive. I cannot get anyone at Pentax to explain why I am being rejected. $100 is a lot of money to me and shouldn't have to deal with this. Otherwise, I love the camera but would have never bought if I knew that I was going to be screwed.
I think there is more going on. The rebate people are more than happy to tell us why a rebate did not go through. I mis-read their email to me 2 times, but finally called and straightened it out.

Personally, I think your tone (as it comes across) is part of the problem.

"Hoodwinked", "deceptive", "screwed", etc are fighting words with customer service.

I've gotten all my rebates painlessly, though one required a little effort to collect.

03-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Braves1959 Quote
Has anyone else been hoodwinked by Pentax regarding the Holiday rebate?
No! Sent mine in Jan 9 - got it last week.
03-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

My K100D + 40mm Limited rebate went through fine, but the one for my K10D was rejected due to "missing or incorrect UPC symbol" (wrong). I called Pentax customer service and they made everything good, although the whole process took three months.
03-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I agree that my tone at the time of this posting wasn't the best. I was extremely frustrated and still am. I am a little OCD when it comes to organization, crossing the t's and dotting the i's. I am not sure what is going on, but I will contact customer service today. Thanks,
03-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Can you be more specific about "over the internet"?
I hope the store didn't sell you grey imports which don't qualify for rebates.

03-12-2008, 10:19 AM   #9
Forum Member

3 of 4 rebates deposited to my account. Last one acknowledged by Pentax already and date for check already eestablished. all in all, the rebate system was good to me!
03-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine was painless too, very refreshing, since i have been "reamed" before on rebates, lost out on $250 on a Compaq PC i bought about 8 years ago, and swore I'd never buy one again. Now happily typing on a PC I built myself
03-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I never received my rebate from Pentax last year, because they switched companys that handle the rebates after I sent my stuff in and they lost it. since I didn't make a copy of the UPC code they said I was SOL. Even though I have the camera and receipt.
03-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I never got my $50 rebate for the K100D. Was told that upc was "missing" even though it was stapled to the rebate form. I called the 800 number on the rejection email and they gave me a new processing number and said I should get the rebate in 2-3 weeks. Instead, I got another rejection email stating the "upc code was missing". Called again and they basically said sorry, nothing we can do. Even posted on Ned Bunnell's (sp?) blog page, but he never answered -- even though he said on the blog to post if anyone had a problem. Yeah, right. I still love the camera.