Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QT for K20 burst movie

I have asked a few people how to convert the still images from the K20 into a movie file and have gotten a few good answers. I found a really simple solution today so I thought I would share it. In Quicktime there is a "Open image sequence" option. Put the images you want to use into their own folder and make sure they are numbered sequentially (original file names or your own sequence). You select the first image in the sequence and click open. QT finds all the images in numerical sequential order in the folder. It then asks what frame rate you want to use. There isn't a 21 fps option but I found that 24 and 15 both look really good, depending on whether you want to slow it slightly or speed it up slightly.

I liked this option because QT is available for both Windows and Mac and is already on most computers anyway. Anytime I can be creative or productive without adding more stuff to my computer, or buying yet another piece of software, I am a happy person. So if you have a K20 and were looking for a simple, probably already on your computer, solution for making little movies, I offer this simple option.

03-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

regular qt or qt pro? (probably just qt...)

that is an awesome find. I have been looking for a solution as well. A friend of mine told me about this free ware before, but it was several years ago, and I just cant remember it.

thanks for the info

[edit] I just looked, needs to be QT Pro....

Last edited by -=JoN=-; 03-09-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: INfo add
03-09-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

found that software, it's called monkeyjam, you can import images and export it as an avi.

best of all it's free.....

-- MonkeyJam - Download
03-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #4

VirtualDub is a really well known video processing software (soon to celebrate it's 10-th birthday) that is completely free (and even open source).
It has been called "the holy grail of freeware video editing", and it can join image files (jpeg, png, bmp, etc.) to produce video files with any framerate you desire. You can add sound from a separate file, or apply high quality filters to your video. Also it's highly optimized and very fast.
It can produce only AVI files so if you want Quicktime it's not for you. But as long as AVI files are OK, it's the program to use.

03-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by -=JoN=- Quote
regular qt or qt pro? (probably just qt...)

[edit] I just looked, needs to be QT Pro....
Dang! I have pro, but the manual didn't say that it was a pro only feature so I was hoping it would be available in the free version. I only got the pro version because it converts some older movie formats to newer ones and I have some old digital movies. I don't even use that function anymore. Oh well, now I can use it with my K20 at least.