Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax raw software and Mac Leopard

Hi,

I am having problem installing the software on a Mac leopard OS 10.5.2. This is a serious downer for me! Anybody can help??

Thanks

03-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter

I'm not much help since I have exactly what you do and it all works. I just loaded in a RAW photo to verify. Now, I had my Pentax stuff before I loaded The new Mac OS, so that may be a difference. Also. be sure you have the latest version (mine is 3.11). Be sure you are using a format that the browser will read. Will they open in iPhoto? I use that more than the Pentax Browser.
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/22217-photo-laboratory-mac.html
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #4

Some where there is a posting about this problem. If you go to the Pentax site, they have a stripped down installer that works. If not, open your CD, if the installer tries to run, quit it. Then Control Click on the installer, choose "Show Package Contents", open the Contents folder, open the Resources folder, Open the OSX folder and double click on the INSTPUT035 package file and it will install. The Remote assistant is on a separate disc with the K20D and it works fine.

They had some problem with the main installer file and I guess they did not discover it until the CD's shipped. It only seems to be a problem on 10.5X

03-11-2008, 04:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
Pentax reply to my Mac Leopard problem.

Pentax has sent me an email regarding the latest raw converter software.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

A new PHOTO Laboratory and PHOTO Browser 3.50 Installer has been posted on our Web site that fixes the Macintosh install problem. If you choose not to download the installer (it is approx. 85 MB) and has OSX Leopard (ver. 10.5 – 10.5.2) you can install the Browser and Laboratory software by clicking on one of the East Asian install languages instead of English. It will then install a version of the software based on their operating system language (if they have an English-language OS it will install an English-language version of PHOTO Laboratory and Browser). We put a screen shot on the Web site to show you which language-button to click on.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall Schumacher
Pentax Imaging Technical Support"

Too bad it doesn't show me the link to their latest and greatest version 3.50!

Tipsy