Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bcrary3 Quote
Okay, so, what I am trying to do (as I haven't done it in forever) is long exposures! I know it's a neat trick especially with water and the sky, however, I'd also like to do it in more places than where just those two things are present. Now, I know the basics, basically crank your aperture way up, go into bulb mode, turn ISO as far down as possible, I know. But here is the problem.. I am too tight of a budget presently to invest in and ND filters, is there any way to get around this? Could I get the same results by going to maybe -3EV? Any suggestions or tips?
Thanks!
How about 2 polarizing filters, this gives you a variable ND which when at right angles is good enough to point the lens directly at the sun. I shot an eclipse (more correctly a passing of Venus) this way

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photography