Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
k110d question about batteries

When i take the batteries out of my camera and put new ones in....I turn it on and it wants me to reset the time and date. Is that normal or is there another internal battery that needs replacing? Maybe one of them small nickel size batteries? im using rayovac hybrids by the way. Thanks

03-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #2

Hi Ronald - check out this thread - it might help. Ken.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/19534-k100d-date-w...t=battery+date
03-14-2008, 02:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

How long are the batteries out of the camera? IIRC, there is no 2nd battery. All Pentax SLRs after the ist D use some sort of capacitor or other energy storage devise that temporarily holds your settings while you change batteries. If the batteries are out of the camera for an extended period (several hours), the camera will lose your settings.
03-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
batteries

i keep batteries in it all the time. When they go dead i change them out. its when i change them out that it resets the time and date. I take the old batteries out and put the new ones in. Turn the camera on and i have to reset the time and date. Just started doing this. Maybe it has something to do with my batteries too. I only noticed after i stopped using crv3's and starting using the rayovac hybrid rechargeables.