Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #1

What if Pentax made a full format DSLR??

This is my first thread ever in this forum, so i hope that i am in the right place.
I bought a GX-10 (sorry it was cheaper and i am broke) about 6 months ago and I am pretty happy with it.
I am not planing on upgrading the body before a while. The K20D seams like a nice object but i don't think that it is much of an improvement compared to the K10D so i would rather spend my money on lenses.
Anyways, lets imagine that in a few years (when i will start to consider changing my body) Pentax comes up with a full format DSLR. That would be quite nice, I think that we all agree on this.
But here is my question: Is there any hope we would be able to use DA lenses on such a camera?
I don't think so... Please tell me I am wrong!

03-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well, Pentax can always implement the D3 way: cropped mode.
03-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi deudeu,

welcome to the forum!

As for your question: DA means "no aperture ring". Some DA are said to be full frame like the DA 40mm, others aren't. You would then have to crop which isn't a problem though.

However, I propose to continue the discussion in an ongoing thread which is discussing the topic already -> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/21822-aps-c-vs-ff-again.html