Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Image view yes, but I didn't think actual liveview for focusing possible in pk_tether? I havn't used it in ages, I maybe wrong, if someone could clarify? Yes an external HDMI screen is very nice, I have a DP7. It will let you get your cam in some very unusual angles, and you can have the screen at any height with a cable. Mind you there's a slight delay, and you'll still be reaching down to actually focus and adjust the cam . Do bear in mind btw you don't absolutely have to use HDMI, there's also a composite out. So if you really want to go old school, ebay for an used sony watchman later model with composite in.

06-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
He's not on your list, is he?
You and me both!
06-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
You and me both!
No, you're not on my list.
06-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As far as the field monitors, it looks like Lilliput is about the best value. There are so many models with different configurations, I think I found one that comes with the needed accessories;

Amazon.com: Lilliput 665gl-70np/h/y 7" On-camera Hd LCD Field Monitor w/ Hdmi in & Component in Video in Video Out +1/4" HOT Shoe Mount+pisen Du21 Battery and Charger By Viviteq Inc: Camera & Photo

This one has a resolution of 1024 x 600
Includes the sun shade
battery plate
a second battery plate with a battery
battery adapter
12V DC adapter
hot shoe mount
HDMI cable mini to normal

The only thing I can't figure out is if the 12V DV adapter will charge the included battery. I want to get a unit that has everything with it so as not to be searching for parts and pieces afterward.

06-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
Its been awhile since I used pk_tether, but if it allows for changing focus points along with the other camera settings, this is a big time saver when your camera is in odd positions.

It does not say in the manual, but I don’t think the power source charges the battery. You have to flip a switch between using battery or power source. That kit you linked shows to have everything needed. Also, the included battery is a little large and has 1 lb. weight to it. I opted for the smaller batteries. I think they last for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Items I bought.

Amazon.com: LILLIPUT 5DII-H 1080p LCD On DSLR Camera Monitor HDMI + Shoe Mount: Electronics
Amazon.com: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Video / Digital Camera Charger charger: Camera & Photo
Amazon.com: Equivalent NP-F330, NP-F530, NP-F550 Battery For SONY BC-V61 DCM-M1 HDR-FX1 HVR-Z1U Camcorder: Camera & Photo
06-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
The only thing I can't figure out is if the 12V DV adapter will charge the included battery. I want to get a unit that has everything with it so as not to be searching for parts and pieces afterward.
As far as I can tell (AFAICT), the battery, battery mount, and a dedicated charger for the battery are included. The 12V adapter is probably a replacement for the battery mount for running the monitor off a wall socket...
06-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DanWeso Quote
Its been awhile since I used pk_tether, but if it allows for changing focus points along with the other camera settings, this is a big time saver when your camera is in odd positions.

It does not say in the manual, but I don’t think the power source charges the battery. You have to flip a switch between using battery or power source. That kit you linked shows to have everything needed. Also, the included battery is a little large and has 1 lb. weight to it. I opted for the smaller batteries. I think they last for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Items I bought.

Amazon.com: LILLIPUT 5DII-H 1080p LCD On DSLR Camera Monitor HDMI + Shoe Mount: Electronics
Amazon.com: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Video / Digital Camera Charger charger: Camera & Photo
Amazon.com: Equivalent NP-F330, NP-F530, NP-F550 Battery For SONY BC-V61 DCM-M1 HDR-FX1 HVR-Z1U Camcorder: Camera & Photo
I'm glad you posted this. I was on the Lillyput site, and the 5DII unit looked like just what I want.

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
As far as I can tell (AFAICT), the battery, battery mount, and a dedicated charger for the battery are included. The 12V adapter is probably a replacement for the battery mount for running the monitor off a wall socket...
It was kind of hard to tell if it had a dedicated battery charger or not.

Thanks all - now just have to choose between the 2 Lilliput monitors - I think I might just as sell go with the 5DII unit. But.....this purchase is on hold for a couple weeks now as I just realized my old TV is going out

06-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #23

Photos: Albums
If at all possible before spending any money, you may want to hook up your camera to a tv/monitor to see what the output will look like. The K-5 with HDMI out should do real good. My K-x, it was not to my expectations.

Who is the maker of that tripod in your picture? A good low profile tripod is what I’m missing right now.
06-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #24
Veteran Member

If at all possible before spending any money, you may want to hook up your camera to a tv/monitor to see what the output will look like. The K-5 with HDMI out should do real good. My K-x, it was not to my expectations.

Who is the maker of that tripod in your picture? A good low profile tripod is what I’m missing right now.
That's a Manfrotto tripod if I am not mistaken. Looks like an 055XPROB with standard central column.
06-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
That's a Manfrotto tripod if I am not mistaken. Looks like an 055XPROB with standard central column.
Doc is right on - Manfrotto 055XPROB. I just love it - perfect size and functionality for what I use it for. I was wishing for the short center column today though.......
06-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Doc is right on - Manfrotto 055XPROB. I just love it - perfect size and functionality for what I use it for. I was wishing for the short center column today though.......
Keep checking at the Amazon Warehouse. I got one there for next to nothing.