Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What I learned today!

Ok, I am a macro nut, I think I am addicted to it. So today I go outside and scan my flower bed to make sure there is no unwanted company while I lay on the ground and shoot. What I learned today is that I need to keep checking for unwanted guests! Something caught the corner of my eye and yep about a foot away from me was and nice yellowish green and brown snake. He was just laying there but I was not too happy about him cutting my shoot short!

03-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Ok, I am a macro nut, I think I am addicted to it. So today I go outside and scan my flower bed to make sure there is no unwanted company while I lay on the ground and shoot. What I learned today is that I need to keep checking for unwanted guests! Something caught the corner of my eye and yep about a foot away from me was and nice yellowish green and brown snake. He was just laying there but I was not too happy about him cutting my shoot short!
We need the photo you took of him before you jumped up screaming and ran into the house. That way we could tell you that you screamed for nothing - or alternately should have gotten out the shotgun.
03-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
We need the photo you took of him before you jumped up screaming and ran into the house. That way we could tell you that you screamed for nothing - or alternately should have gotten out the shotgun.
LOL, well now...I never screamed I come from a farm and am use to critters but not fond of snakes being that close! Ok here is the pic
03-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Pentaxian

eh...it's a garter snake. Should have kept shooting.

03-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
eh...it's a garter snake. Should have kept shooting.
He he he , that is what I thought but not sure. I picked him up with a stick and gave him a toss! LOL
03-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

prolly more friendly than your cat.....dont toss cats...hehe
03-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
Inactive Account

He's out kind of early for PA. (I guess the weather Has been a little unseasonal lately) Good shot I would like to see more of your macro's Keep them coming.

03-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hmmm, how warm has it been there? lol, we have had maybe 3 "warm" days here in Mo recently, certainly not enough to get the snakes out of hybernation yet !!
03-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Hmmm, how warm has it been there? lol, we have had maybe 3 "warm" days here in Mo recently, certainly not enough to get the snakes out of hybernation yet !!
It hasn't been that warm. A few days in the 50's and today was mostly cloudy too. So you can imagine how shocked I was! LOL
03-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #10

At least you got a picture of it... I don't handle snakes very well
03-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
lol, as shocked as I was, I thought I have to take his pic, LOL
03-18-2008, 05:35 AM   #12
Veteran Member

More docile than your cat?!!!!!
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #13

One of my kids once found one in our yard and put it in a jar for 'show & tell' the next morning. The next morning comes and we still have the snake in there, but now it has the company of about 8 babies. It made the 'show & tell' much cooler.
03-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jnorth Quote
One of my kids once found one in our yard and put it in a jar for 'show & tell' the next morning. The next morning comes and we still have the snake in there, but now it has the company of about 8 babies. It made the 'show & tell' much cooler.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #15
Pentaxian

At least you got a snake, we still have snow and ice. Garter snakes are pretty beneficial to have around the garden. They eat a lot of the bugs that will get to your plants. I have them around my house. In the winters sometimes they get into the cellar. My wife loves it when she finds one in a laundry basket.