Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
SILKYPIX Ver3.0.3 & EXIF info

Anybody trying the new version of Silkypix? I am wondering why the EXIF info is not coming over when converting. I am converting to JPG and even the free version normally brought the info in to PSPXI. But I have noticed lately it is not. Is there a setting I am missing?

01-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

No problem here. When converting, there is the followin choice in JPEG(Compressed):
- Exif-JPEG (YCC422)
- Exif-JPEG (YCC420)
- JPEG (YCC444)

At least when selecting the first, the Exifs are kept. Here an EXIF extract from a photo converted with SilkyPix:

Make - PENTAX Corporation
Model - PENTAX K10D
Software - SILKYPIX(R) Developer Studio Version 3.0.3.8
DateTime - 2006:12:28 15:43:18
ExposureTime - 1/200 seconds
FNumber - 5.60
FocalLength - 400.00 mm
FocalLengthIn35mmFilm - 600 mm
SubjectDistanceRange - Distant view
01-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Anybody trying the new version of Silkypix? I am wondering why the EXIF info is not coming over when converting. I am converting to JPG and even the free version normally brought the info in to PSPXI. But I have noticed lately it is not. Is there a setting I am missing?

I am getting the the standard EXIF info OK but have noticed that the Makernotes are not being transferred (lens name etc).

dave
01-13-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I need to do some more experimenting. It may be PSPXI that is lossing the EXIF when i upload to imageevent for some reason. Or it is just stripping the info if I do any type of croping of the photo. I'll let you know. Thanks for the info.,

01-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Okay PSPXI seems to be the culprit. This never happened before and I think it has to do with the update I did a few weeks ago. When ever I crop any lictures it strips most the EXIF data down to practically nothing. Anyone notice this