Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Name & address of Hoya\Pentax Europe CEO ?

As an Israeli - I'm fed up with the local Pentax importer (KARAT). You may understand why when you look at the wide offer of Pentax lenses on his site - Karat -Pentax-Lenses. Please also click on the 12-24 and you will find and offer for a totally new Pentax lens - smc PENTAX-DA 12mm-24mm F3.5-5.6 AL ......

Actually you can't even buy the lenses on the site - you are directed to call the importer. I called, left my details with someone ... and that's it.

Not to mention the availability of Pentax cameras here - just try to find ANY Pentax camera in a store.

Actually - no wonder. KARAT is also the importer of Canon ... and guess where his heart is. Just look at the Canon lens page on the site - KARAT -Canon- Lenses - Main - Those are NOT 4 lenses - those are 4 CATEGORIES of lenses. For example KARAT -Canon_ Lenses - Zooms.

Well .... I'm fed up. I WANT to buy lenses, and I want to buy locally. I'm thinking of writing a complaint letter (old fashioned snail mail one - I do think it will get more attention).

For this I need the name and addresses of :

Hoya (or Hoya's Pentax division) CEO details.
Pentax Europe managing director details (Israel is controlled by Pentax Europe).

Copies od the letters will also be sent to KARAT managing director.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

03-18-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Same thing here in the states.. Pentax lists authorized distributors and when you go to one of those shops, they're stocked with Canon and Nikon and don't know crap about Pentax nor do they attempt to sell you Pentax. I ask for Pentax, they tell me to switch to Nikon.. Pentax should send in reps to evaluate these folks - They're costing them millions.
03-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ben-pentax Quote
Hoya (or Hoya's Pentax division) CEO details.
Pentax Europe managing director details (Israel is controlled by Pentax Europe).
Pentax Europe is run independently from Hoya (Hoya is essence has no world-wide presence...).

The HQ of Pentax Europe is Hamburg.

Its CEO is Heinrich Lüdemann. But known in the community is the product manager of PENTAX EUROPE IMAGING SYSTEMS division, famous Wolfgang Baus. He is actually even reading forum

Therefore, I would bring the matter to the attention of:
--
Wolfgang Baus
PENTAX Europe GmbH
Julius-Vosseler-Straße 104
D - 22527 Hamburg
GERMANY
--

You may even read an interview with him here: Pentax-Interview Januar 2008

He speaks English and German. He actually uses his company's products Fotos: Wolfgang Baus (Schenefeld bei Hamburg) - fotocommunity

If the matter is brought to his attention in a respectful way, I am sure he will take care.
03-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank You
Ben

03-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Falconeye, yours is the sort of helpful response that drew me to PF (and I don't mean purple fringing, folks!) in the first place! Good on ya, mate (as our Aussie members might say).