Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Problem with LightRoom

I'm having a problem with LightRoom and I wonder if anybody else has experienced the same thing, and if so, how to fix it:
Sometimes when looking at a series of photos in a folder, under "Library", I then choose "Develop" to work on a single image. It then says "Loading" for a couple seconds, then suddenly the image stretches out like a fun-house mirror, and stays that way. If it's a portrait-orientation it stretches to fit into landscape orientation, and vice-versa. I can't figure out WHY it does that, or how to change it back. However, if you click back on "Library" the image returns to normal. What's the deal? Thanks for any advice.
Paul

03-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #2

Odd I have never heard of that happening.. are you using 1.4? I doubt its the problem but I would recommened downgrading.
It could have something to do with your settings\paramaters. Are they RAW files that you've processed else where?

Thanks

EDIT: Probably should also be moved to the appropiate forum
03-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's LR 1.3, all unprocessed JPEGs. Not sure but I think some of these problem photos have been rotated. Although that's another thing, they should all be coming in already auto-rotated in-camera, I don't know why somewhere along the line I'm viewing the Library and I'll see some 90 degrees off one way or the other. Boy, little oddities like this can REALLY eat up a person's time! By the way what IS the appropriate forum please? Thanks.
03-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #4

Hmm I don't know what it could be then.. I think it happened to me once actually thinking back, but it was a once off and I just opened and closed LR and it never happened again. Sorry!

Well Post Processing and Software could of been more suitable...

Thanks

03-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ha! Never scrolled down that far, sorry! OK thanks.