Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Local camera store

I needed a body cap for a project I'm working on so I stopped by my local camera store. Lots of bits and pieces. The store hadn't gotten a face lift for at least 20 years. The elderly woman behind the counter was a delightful lass from southern Scotland. We got to chatting a bit and I asked if they had any K-mount lenses. "None, right now. Never had that many ever actually. You see Pentax never really made as many as other producers like Nikon. The ones that we did sell never came back. The Pentax folks kept them." She admitted they really didn't have any good M42 mount lenses.

I Thought it was an interesting comment and it confirmed that I will getting most of my lenses via the Internet. In any case I'll give her some business and buy some filters, at least those aren't brand specific.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, lenses, pentax, photography, store