Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2008, 06:11 AM   #1
Ed in GA

Pentax Photo Gallery, Question for anyone with experience

For anyone who has submitted and been approved, or declined.

What was the time frame your photos were in review status?

I submitted four shots about two weeks ago and they still show "ready for review"

anyone?

TIA

Ed

03-20-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If they're still waiting for review, then that's a very good sign. From what I understand, it means they've probably made it past the members' voting and are awaiting the final "thumbs up or thumbs down" from Pentax. It's still not a sure thing, though. I've had several that made it to this point only to get 1 out of 4 into the PPG. Good luck.
03-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

3 images to give an example of timeframes

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote

I submitted four shots about two weeks ago and they still show "ready for review"

anyone?

TIA

Ed
Fastest: 3 days - submitted Wednesday AM, in the Gallery Monday AM:

Next fastest: 4-5 days:

Normal time frame: 1-3 weeks (the norm prior to online voting)

If they aren't declined within the first week, then it goes to the PPG staff queue. Evidently it's 38 thumbs down and then a final confirmation by PPG staff to see if the decline is warranted. Of course, the PPG staff are now inundated by a huge number of snapshots that don't warrant consideration, hence the involvement of voters online.

The 3 images above were submitted and accepted since the voting online commenced. So far I'm holding at 75% of all images submitted as being accepted. Hope that helps?

Best of luck Ed! Look forward to seeing yours in PPG...

Regards,
Marc
03-20-2008, 07:32 AM   #4
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Of course, the PPG staff are now inundated by a huge number of snapshots that don't warrant consideration, hence the involvement of voters online.

Regards,

Marc
I'm not really sure that any of my four actually warrant consideration. But, I submitted them anyway.

Maybe I'll get lucky.

I submitted them two weeks ago today.

ciao`

Ed

03-20-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
If they're still waiting for review, then that's a very good sign. From what I understand, it means they've probably made it past the members' voting and are awaiting the final "thumbs up or thumbs down" from Pentax. It's still not a sure thing, though. I've had several that made it to this point only to get 1 out of 4 into the PPG. Good luck.
I hope that it is a good sign.

Thanks,

Ed
03-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ed, i'll reiterate that it could take a while.
i haven't submitted much of late, i just haven't been in the loop photographically lately. Fastest one was actually around 2 days. I know I've had half a dozen shots in there and it took about a month before a few were rejected/accepted.
-Dan
03-23-2008, 06:48 AM   #7
Ed in GA

Well, mine were all declined.

I thought the ones I submitted were at least as good as some that had been approved.

Oh Well!!!!!

My first, and last, attempt with the PPG.

03-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Well, mine were all declined.

I thought the ones I submitted were at least as good as some that had been approved.

Oh Well!!!!!

My first, and last, attempt with the PPG.
I had not gone there for ages. I think I would be merrier to keep images to myself
03-23-2008, 07:16 AM   #9
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah there are earlier shots on the site (from when it was new) that really are not the quality they should be IMHO. Now it's much tougher. I've submitted about 30 + shots and had 2 accepted. They always seem to take 3 weeks or so but eventually go down in flames.
Last one was this: https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/2071/1_1_IMGP6003_clothsline__2_.jpg
What were yours Ed?
03-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Yeah there are earlier shots on the site (from when it was new) that really are not the quality they should be IMHO.

What were yours Ed?
Here are three of the four that I submitted. The fourth I was pretty sure would not be approved.

I submitted a fifth a couple of days ago but went ahead and withdrew it.

Ed

Last edited by Ed in GA; 03-23-2008 at 09:39 AM.
03-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Hi

my first post I think. In my experience the present hiatus on the gallery is rather long. I have had photos waiting for over 2 weeks for a decision. And interestingly a third was rejected yesterday after over 2 weeks. I have come to the conclusion that 2 things have happened. Firstly fewer people are voting and therefore photos are taking longer to get to the peer rejection/acceptance level - hence my photo hanging on for so long and then being peer rejected . And secondly, for some reason Pentax are being rather slow to give their final decision. I wonder whether they are becoming concerned about the future of the gallery. For instance, once a picture has been accepted, they are not in a position to reject it if another picture of a similar subject comes along which could be considered to be "better" than the original. So they can see the gallery getting bigger and bigger with pictures of a similar standard and no way at the moment of controlling the size of it. Also I suspect that they are disappointed by the standard of many of the pictures that are being sent in - too many are merely snapshots of family members, pets or holidays. The task of vetting has become more onerous than they expected, perhaps.

They have disappointed me because I value their opinion of my photos. When there is a long gap between Pentax acceptance/rejection without explanation I am irritated by their bad manners. A note on the website stating when the next selection event is to take place would be helpful. It would ensure that we had a clearer idea of what is going on. I would also like them to say if a photo has passed peer review or not. Then we would know how close a photo had got to being accepted. We certainly cannot expect them to give reasons for rejection.

However, as some of my photos are in the gallery, I take seriously my role in voting on my peers pictures. I usually log on 3 times every day to vote. It is very rare that I end the day with any pictures left to assess. And so when over 2 weeks passes and my photos are still waiting a final decision I feel let down. I feel that I am showing more commitment to their Gallery than they are. Another galleryI submit to informs you every step of the way re the accpetance of your photos.

All that is required of Pentax is that they are more open about what is happening. Commit to a once weekly review of the waiting pictures. And admit if they are seriously considering changing the way the gallery works - if that is the case?
03-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

anyone?

TIA

Ed
1-2 weeks is what i have experienced. Although since "peer" voting was started, non of my submissions have been accepted.

Dave
03-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I posted 17 of my best photos ever about 1-2 weeks ago.
16 have been declined but only one is still hanging on lol
I really hope it get's in.
Here is that picture.

This is from my facebook page so the quality is much lower.