Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #1

Travel in pair - composition ideas

Hi

Can you give me some ideas for photo tripping with girlfriend;
I would like to have some fixed composition setups to use at different locations, something like Murad Osmann's "Follow me to"

Any idea is appreciated,

Thanks

07-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey there. Ive seen these photos before. Its an interesting idea, but I think its a little overprocessed. Some colours look too saturated, too unnatural. But its a cool concept, especially since that dude is apparently dating a supermodel who takes him to awesome places
I don't know, it kinds of depends on what you are doing (the example you posted is interesting because those two traveled the world, but not all of us get to travel the world). I think quite a few couples have a "photo pose" that they always strike at interesting places they visit

QuoteOriginally posted by wookowaratz Quote
tripping with girlfriend
you dont need any cameras for that
07-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Hey there. Ive seen these photos before. Its an interesting idea, but I think its a little overprocessed. Some colours look too saturated, too unnatural. But its a cool concept, especially since that dude is apparently dating a supermodel who takes him to awesome places
I don't know, it kinds of depends on what you are doing (the example you posted is interesting because those two traveled the world, but not all of us get to travel the world). I think quite a few couples have a "photo pose" that they always strike at interesting places they visit
You're right, his photos from that series are not that great, but the idea was interesting and his consistent execution helped him get featured on PetaPixel, which led to some manner of internet fame for him and his girlfriend.

I mean, it led me to follow him on Instagram.

And yea, his girlfriend is nice. Her pictures are boring though (they are your typical "I'm hot look at this pose" type of shots) so I don't follow her.
07-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #4

Original Poster
You're missing the point here
It's about composition ideas, not about her or his camera execution or postprocessing
I like the idea behind it and asked if you could help me think of something similar so I can shoot something better than "stupid couple pose"

07-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do a landscape photo with both of you doing the yoga pose flying pigeon facing each other to add a symmetric element in the bottom 1/3 of the photo