Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Firing flash at a specific time during long exposure.

Hi all,

I have the AF360 flash. I would like to know how do one set up the flash to fire at the end of a long exposure shot?
For example, I want to take a 30 secs exposure shot, and at 29 sec, the flash will fire (preferably automatically, not needing another person fire the flash). How do one set this up?

Thanks,
Lee

07-27-2013, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the manual look for "Second Curtain Sync" and it will tell you what the little picture is on the flash mode switch. On my AF 540 it the second second position from the left, a block arrow pointing to a flash zigzag.
07-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
In the manual look for "Second Curtain Sync" and it will tell you what the little picture is on the flash mode switch. On my AF 540 it the second second position from the left, a block arrow pointing to a flash zigzag.
Thanks! It appear to be the right key words to search....
While we are at it..... do you know can this be done wireless (AF360 is not attach to the hot shoe)?
07-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My K10 will not shift the flash into trailing sync mode when in wireless position, even when the flash is set to trailing. In my flash settings I can only tell the camera to go trailing mode or wireless, not both.

Check the K5 manual to see if it is possible with that body. If not, you will have to pay a pretty price for a remote flash cable.

07-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Thanks! It appear to be the right key words to search....
While we are at it..... do you know can this be done wireless (AF360 is not attach to the hot shoe)?
No you can't as far as i know.