Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #1

Problems with lenses for K10D

I have a K10D and have just got hold of a SAKAR Auto 2 x teleconverter. Obviously this teleconverter is completely manual and I am happy to use the camera in Manual focus mode in order to utilise this lens along with the other lenses I have for the camera.

When I connect the teleconverter and another lens to the camera on the F setting it shows F-- which I expected.

However if I choose M on the mode dial, no matter what speed I set the camera to, I get very dark images and appear to be unable to rectify this. Can anyone suggest anything??I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to photography, but love the camera and hope to get the most out of it. The other lenses I have are the standar 18-55 that came with the camera and two lenses that I had from my previous MZ-7 (80-320mm and standard 18-80mm)

Many Thanks

03-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Since it will be fully manual (I guess the converter doesn’t have any electrical contacts) only lenses with a manual aperture ring will work. And to use these you will have to change a setting in the camera (it’s a change once and forget about it setting), something like “allow aperture ring” or something similar. Then it will work with the camera in Manual mode. Use the green button to stop down the lens before shooting.
03-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #3

Original Poster
Took a look at the camera and tried out what you said - it all worked so many thanks.