Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
AlienBees Start-Up

I plan (not yet) on starting a small home studio. ( I have the right to dream)

So do you think this is a good deal.
I still have no idea how you trigger the flashes (help).

AlienBees: The Busy Bee Complete Studio Setup Package

03-27-2008, 03:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The AlienBees monobloc strobes have built-in optical slave receivers that can be triggered by visible and IR flashes. They also come with PC sync cord input sockets, which you can use with hot shoe adapters that provide a PC outlet socket. Paul C. Buff, the manufacturer, also sells a wireless radio control set-up that the AlienBees can use. Plenty of options! Check out the website at AlienBees: Illuminating the Galaxy with Professional Photographic Lighting Equipment and especially the FAQ page.
03-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm getting ready to buy the AlienBee "BusyBee" package (with some mods) and am confident it will meet my needs for a long while. By the way, they are in the middle of changing their remote triggers so don't buy just yet. The new units are supposed to be ready on May (or you could go with Pocket Wizrds at twice+ the price).
03-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This video really helped me
finally understand pocket wizards and all..

Youtube