Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Small home studio

We are thinking of setting up a small home studio for portrait photgraphy (homecoming pictures, kids & pet portraits, etc). I was just wondering if anybody here has a home studio and was hoping people could post pics of their studios. Also, what equipment would you recommend as far as lighting goes that is inexpensive.

09-24-2006, 05:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If you haven't done so already, before setting up a studio in your home, you might want to make sure you can operate a business out of your home. Zoning regulations or homeowner association convenants may prohibit doing so.

If you go here http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1025 and do a search for diy lighting you should get some info that will help.

This link http://super.nova.org/DPR/ may also provide some help.
09-24-2006, 07:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Initially the studio will just be for experimentation and learning, with our kids and pets as the "guinea pigs". If it ever develops into a business I'll be sure to check out the zoning laws (thanks for the heads up, I probably wouldn't have thought of that).

The super.nova.org link looks really interesting. I think I'll be doing a lot of reading there!

I'm still interested in seeing any pics of studios that people have set up.