Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Tips Needed for Full Pit Pass at Nascar Nationwide Race

So this weekend I will have a full access for the pit, this includes during the race. Just wondering if anybody has any experience and or tips. I am looking forward to the experience.

Thanks

Steve

10-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have only been in the pits at Texas Motor Speedway. Relating to that I would suggest a wide angle lens. Maybe a 12-24 if you have it. I see you also have the 50-135 which would be very handy and is a great lens for more detailed shots of the pit. Unfortunately I got to go back in the late 90's before DSLR. You will find all sorts of bright colors and tools to take shots of along with the cars and drivers. also, Earplugs if you are staying long there.
10-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Watch where you step. Think about bringing a tripod or flash. Look for interesting angles. And be sure to share some photos on this forum afterwards
10-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Tailgate the pros. I'm sure there will be a herd of pros roaming about - more than likely flocking around Danica Patrick. See what's getting their interest, subjects,angle, lens type they're using, etc.

10-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #5

I guess I am still different, I would not tailgate anyone. Just go your own way, try to keep some of the background people in your shots, the mechanics, the parts chasers, the pit crews. Oh definitely get pics of the cars and any real favorite drivers you have. There are a lot of people behind the scenes that have short fuses, they can blow up over nothing if they are having a bad day. Just lay low and do not attract attention to yourself, shoot it like you would take street pics.
Most of all have fun.
10-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
For pit lane work take the widest lens you own, pre focus and work fast so not be in everyones way.