Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #16

Original Poster
So glad I got the quick flight yesterday! It was in a Robinson 44 (this was the bird I went up in), which turns out will be the same model I'll be going back up in two weeks from now.

I happened to meet the owners wife (this was at a large cranberry festival and these were your typical faire type flights). She already knew who I was, and mentioned that they will put on the door with a window for me, or...maybe even leave it off!! We decided I'll sit in the back seat where there more room, rather than shotgun as I did for this flight. I'm 6'4" so I need all the maneuverability I can get. This also means I can probably shoot with the superior optics of my 70-200 Sigma over the 70-300 Tamron.

Another shot of one of the three 44s they were running:

The morning was cloudy yesterday, and I kept putting off getting in line until the sun started to show itself. When it did I ran over, expecting to have time to throw my CPL on the Sigma 17-50 while I waited 20 minutes. No such luck. Since I was not flying with a partner, I was bumped to the head of the line immediately to fill the empty front passenger seat.

With my backback and CPLs safely down on the ground and well out of reach, I just had to make the best of it. I also brought the K-x with the 8mm fisheye.

Ya, there was a lot of reflectance, but several shots came much better than I expected. Here's one of my favs:

Last edited by gryhnd; 10-14-2013 at 09:33 AM.
10-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #17

Original Poster
(why do my [embedded] image paths get switched to https when I input them as http? I even re-edited to be sure I didn't screw that up...)

Last edited by gryhnd; 10-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.
10-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow. Cranberry bogs are pretty! Neat