Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pero Quote
The graduated filter in Lightroom simulates a physical graduated ND filter and can work wonders. Expose for the buildings or landscape and then bring the exposure of the sky down with the filter. If you don't have Lightroom there may be other software with the same function.
+1 (added emphasis)

10-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Why do HDR in post processing? I thought most Pentax bodies had built in HDR processing. The resulting image is saved as a JPG and you can also save the resulting file in RAW too. Unfortunately, you can't save each individual exposure in RAW when shooting in HDR mode.
10-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Why do HDR in post processing? I thought most Pentax bodies had built in HDR processing. The resulting image is saved as a JPG and you can also save the resulting file in RAW too. Unfortunately, you can't save each individual exposure in RAW when shooting in HDR mode.
Not sure about the others but the K5II for example will only do HDR in JPEG only mode.
10-31-2013, 02:43 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Why do HDR in post processing? I thought most Pentax bodies had built in HDR processing.
Which you have almost no control over, and on my KX was unusable hand-held. It must have been simoly overlaying the frames, without moving them to line them up as software does.

Haven't been game to try on my K-30 - Photomatix works really well with its bracketed shots.

Last edited by clackers; 10-31-2013 at 03:33 PM.