Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
New Hybrid batteries by RayOvac

I found these at Wal-mart of all places and they peeked my interest. So I stood there and read the back of the pack. They are 2100Mah NiMH AA batteries and the Name on the Pack is Hybrid. They advertise on the pack they are Powerful renewable batteries ready to use and you are able to recharge them in any charger. they also say one Hybrid battery = 1500 alkaline batteries.

I'm going to give them a try and see how they do. I would guess they are the compositions answer to SONNY. well we'll see. The price by the way is $8.49 US. for a pack of 4.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

01-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Inactive Account

They are the same type battery as the Eneloops (sp?). I bought a set with the charger and have them in my isdDL body. Since getting the K10 the DL sits a lot and these batteries supposedly will hold a charge for a much longer period. If I put any other rechargable in they most likely would be dead when I needed the camera! Also, I have experienced some problems with the E2 lithium batteries goind dead after only a month or less.

Walt
01-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

From what I have read and from my friend's experiences NiMH batteries and LithIon, all things being equal, will contain the same charge but NiMH batteries will go dead over time without being used whereas LithIon will maintain their charge.

If the price is right and you keep them charged they should work fine but be aware if you park them in the camera and don't use them for a time you may not get that shot you were after.
01-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Yes, I plan to monitor the battery level at least weekly. I did use the DL this past weekend at the Scottish Games event for a few dozen shots.

Walt

02-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
Forum Member

my laptop uses a LithIon battery, it is shot. NiMh, is worth a try to use, use it in a shaver, 2 weeks and still runs like a new charge. so I would lean toward the NiMh more for keeping a charge to use.