Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2008, 10:25 AM   #1

Any Pentaxians in the Central Ohio area?

I've been in kind of a funk lately, both photographically and otherwise, when I thought it might be helpful for me to get out with some new people and go shooting. Is there anybody in the Central OH area that would be willing to meet up to go? I have some friends that use Olympus, Nikon, Canon equipment, but they never seem to want to hang out, so I'm trying my luck here. If you live in the area and don't feel comfortable meeting, could you post some of your favorite locations here in the thread so I can check them out when I get time?

Thanks,
Brett

03-31-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Try Hocking Hills State Park

Hocking Hills - Ohio State Parks Guide

There should be lots of water at both falls located at Old Man's Cave. Go on an overcast day to slow down the shutter and get the silky water.

All images with DS, DA18-55, f16, ~1 sec, ISO 200, linear polarizing filter & mostly clouds.

Tim
03-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion, Hocking Hills is one of the places on my list for later this spring or summer. Those pictures you posted are very striking, hopefully I'll get out there soon and come up with some of my own.
03-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The water level of the falls is very small or none from early June until it rains in the fall. My pictures were taken early to mid-April last year. I would suggest going no later than mid-May.

Tim

QuoteOriginally posted by Moggman Quote
Thanks for the suggestion, Hocking Hills is one of the places on my list for later this spring or summer. Those pictures you posted are very striking, hopefully I'll get out there soon and come up with some of my own.

04-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #5

Here in Ohio, your funk could be caused by the weather. That's what I'm blaming my funk on. As soon as it warms up (and dries up) I need to find some new shooting spots as well. You should definitely check out the Hocking Hills area. If I find any good spots this spring I'll post them here. I've been wanting to get out into the farm country (don't have to go too far for that) to take some farm/barn related shots.
04-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #6

Original Poster
Well, the weather certainly doesn't help much, just wish it would warm up already!