Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
zman, did you look into this lens? A Google Image search for it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Meyer+Trioplan+100/2.8&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source...w=1527&bih=849

It seems to have characteristics very similar to her images.

She has some very surreal colours and tones (especially the ones in the '121Clicks' interview posted above).
Wow ! Oh great, now I'll long for vintage lenses like that Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8.

11-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

zman, did you look into this lens? A Google Image search for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=Meye...w=1527&bih=849 It seems to have characteristics very similar to her images. She has some very surreal colours and tones (especially the ones in the '121Clicks' interview posted above).
Thou art a Legend! To be able to recognize a lens with its bokeh! You sir have my respect. My hats off to you.
11-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
Thou art a Legend! To be able to recognize a lens with its bokeh! You sir have my respect. My hats off to you.
Cast the legendary status towards THoog, the poster I had quoted. I am but humble messenger and had no idea that lens even existed before reading the word of THoog
11-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cast the legendary status towards THoog, the poster I had quoted. I am but humble messenger and had no idea that lens even existed before reading the word of THoog
No legend here, but I did know that some lenses "bubble", and when I did a quick search on "bubble bokeh", the Trioplan was mentioned all over the place - and the samples I found seemed to back it up.

Be careful chasing lenses with unique bokeh - it's a sure path to LBA (and madness)...

11-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
No legend here,
Oh no Todd! You research on this subject was definitely awesome!

Thought I should let you all know. So I myself am very curious about this lens. So the company does not exist anymore and there is a wikipedia article ONLY in German.

So no one has translated the article yet to English (Strange).

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer-Optik

and this

Meyer-Optik Görlitz Lens List

Ok to break the bubble finally! I think the flee market in france does have this lens listed, however one has to be REALLY careful, there are several con-artists selling stuff there.

So I will be keeping an eye out.

Cheers! and thanks so much THoog
12-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #21

This article mentions that she uses a mirror lens to get that bokeh: Behind the Photos: Magda Wasiczek's Surreal Floralscapes | Popular Photography