Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in helping

As many of you know Marc Langille is very soon going to the pro shoot in Texas and he's getting some help with gear from a local store but I believe all the other expenses are his own including taking time off work.

So I thought we as a community might want to help him a bit to support what might become a career and life changing opportunity.

If you visit his web site Marc Langille Photography - Adventure. Nature. Wildlife.- powered by SmugMug he is offering his photos and a couple of calendars for sale. I bought both and they are great. Plus they are printed on very good card stock and could easily be taken out of the calendar and framed.

So if you are inclined to chip in I bet he's appreciate the help. (He didn't ask me to start this thread)

More info about the photo shoot can be found here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/21353-great-news-bad-news-great-news.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/21821-some-potentially-in...onsorship.html

04-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #2

This is a great idea! I will have to take a look.
04-04-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
I think so Lost. Marc's been a good guy around here and helped me (and I think others) quite a bit as well. It would be nice to support his opportunity.
04-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tip, Peter. Marc is a good guy and I hope his dreams of escaping the bonds of daily servitude work out.

04-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Me too Ericc, I think he's certainly got the talent, now all he needs is to get that couple of great shots that will get him the recognition to being a pro.
04-05-2008, 12:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Not sure how the photos would be sent overseas?
04-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
James, The calendars on his web site that are for sale would ship via USPS to anywhere just fine I'm sure. A little heavy as he's using very good quality card stock for the printing. They aren't your typical flimsy calendars. He just put a piece of cardboard on either side of the ones I got and put them in a padded mailer for mine. They arrived in great condition. I'm considered international as well and they traveled 2500 Kms from him to me.

Shouldn't be an issue to anyone anywhere.

04-05-2008, 04:46 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I took a look at his web site and his photos are wonderful. I may have to spring for the Ozarks calendar. Always great to see someone striving to earn a living at what they love to do.
04-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
It is SR. I hope he does well with this and I'm sure any assistance he gets will be greatly appreciated.