Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
World Pentax Day...How Many???

Okay, World Pentax Day is nearly over, so I've got a question for everyone who is participating in the fun. How many images did you shoot to arrive at your perfect three? For me it was 164. Now I won't even make you believe any are worthy, but it was really fun to play tourist and see the sights in our home town Seattle. Incredibly, things were going on in our town we were totally clueless about. We even managed to take in a historical museum we haven't visited since we were kids.

Great Day! Thanks to Adam for helping organize this fun event!

04-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I shot about the same amount as you, but only had one that I REALLY liked Hopefully next time I'll manage a few more "keepers"
04-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I shot about 185 but got quite a few I liked out of the bunch. I am pretty happy with todays experiments
04-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

98/2

QuoteOriginally posted by rormeister Quote
Okay, World Pentax Day is nearly over, so I've got a question for everyone who is participating in the fun. How many images did you shoot to arrive at your perfect three? For me it was 164. Now I won't even make you believe any are worthy, but it was really fun to play tourist and see the sights in our home town Seattle. Incredibly, things were going on in our town we were totally clueless about. We even managed to take in a historical museum we haven't visited since we were kids.

Great Day! Thanks to Adam for helping organize this fun event!
Today marked the first sun since I got my K10D February 29th. Although most of the area is still pretty brown, there are a few daffodils up and lots of buds on the ends of twigs.

It sure was fun to play with a Pentax again after a long time - pretty rusty! - but actually the most fun was watching the throngs of teenagers walking around downtown and the busy homeowners buzzing in and out of the Bug Store and Feed & Seed and OK Hatchery (OK, I stopped for fertilizer, too - and got a too-dark shot of Mouser posing on the counter).

98 for two (maybe one more after Photoshop).

04-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Rormeister, I tried setting up in the UW Quad and shooting the cherry trees, but the light was dim, the breeze was up, and I didn't get anything too satisfactory (about 70 shots tried). Tried shooting the flowering trees in my neighborhood when I got home, but the breeze kept everything in motion there, too. Finally got Kermit to help out with a pose at ground level. Light still was nothing much, but I felt the need to get something to contribute. Thanks, Kermit! Loved your props, too!
04-06-2008, 04:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I only got a handful of wide open test shots in the evening while at work on nightshit.
Nothing really post worthy at all
04-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shot about 95. Had to do it before and after work. Decent shots. Now must ready the three for upload. Only second day of no rain in a month. Sure was nice to get out with the Pentax.
thanks
barondla

04-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
PDL
Pentaxian

It was cloudy, rainy, cool and windy in spots. I managed to get a total of 74 images and some of them were in focus. I parked near a lawn (turf) farm and was asked if I was having car troubles from one of the foremen. After a little explaining he gave me the OK to go down onto their property – I did not but we had a pleasant chat (he thought my car died) once he found out I was not one of the eco-freaks trying to shut down his farm. (I guess the eco-freaks would rather see the farm covered with soccer fields than a farm – go figure)

All the light was flat, no shadows, blue overtones – but you deal with what you get.

The Elitist – formerly known as PDL
04-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #9
Ole
Administrator

I took about 95 shots, but most were bracketed, so I'm down to about 30 different images. I used the FA*28-70 f/2.8 (man is this lens sharp) for about two thirds of the shots and the K 45-125 f/4 to get more reach for the rest. The 45-125 was my most used lens back in the film days - yesterday was the first time I tried it out on digital. It performs very well, very sharp. Color rendition is noticably different from the FA* which becomes apparent when you mix shots from the two lenses.
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Okay Pentaxians. Surely more of you took pictures on the "big day". I'm amazed more of you are willing to share your age than your shooting ratio That bad?
04-10-2008, 03:58 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, my number of shots on World Pentax Day was zero. I was tied up in a work project all stupid day. Started about 7:00am and got home after 9:00pm. The day sucked, but I will get 2 days of comp time for the 1 day.
04-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I didn't shoot any especially for the day, but shot around 150 as I would have anyway as I have become the "official" photography for my local rugby club, and it was a Saturday.
04-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I had three two-hour-long meetings saturday spaced two hours apart, so I didn't really have time to get much. I shot maybe 50 photos, mostly of my ZX-L in my little studio. I've got one, maybe two keepers. I still havn't gone through and edited them yet.
04-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I had a photo shoot set up with a buddy of mine to get into an abanded aluminum foundry which the company he works for ownes in a small rurial town I took 103 photo's there on Saturday, and didn't even realize it was pentax photo day. Still havn't picked 3 to up-load. Guess I had better get moving.
04-12-2008, 04:34 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I shot about 30 or 40 and posted one

I had fun, though!

Tim