Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
i suppose the cleanest multiple backup scenario would have identical drives, but i think for amateur purposes, as long as you have a good plan and know what you want multiple copies of, they don't need to match. some really paranoid folks would tell you not to have identical units, for brand diversity and to avoid getting perhaps, 2 out of a faulty batch and being totally hosed),
Well, that's what I have now. 120GB drive in MacBook and 120GB external drive. So I create exact copy of one drive onto another. That's my backup. It is also easier to maintain than couple of drives of different sizes.

For now the two disk approach worked for me. There was a one time issue that made me use the backup disk. All I had to do was to swap the drives in MacBook. Though it wasn't the hard drive failure but me messing with operating system

I guess when I sell my 120GB drives I will have to spend little over $100 to upgrade to two 320GB drives. That might be the best way to go for me.

04-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Burn, baby, burn...