Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Serious NorthWest Landscapes

QuoteQuote:
Lisa Wood, a photographer from neighbouring Idaho, took the snaps during extended visits driving around the Palouse region's dirt roads. Each picture is made of of 30 different images, which focus on a particular aspect, such as the crest of a hill, a portion of the sky, or an individual plant. These can then be stitched together to make large images which capture each aspect personally.

I initially looked at the article for the images, and then posted this. However, this has pulled me back in to make some additional comments. It appears that she had isolated (I am guessing) 6 items in each scene to focus a set of bracketed photos on. As the article said - the sky, crest of the hill, etc. This is something that I have kind of / sort of thought about, but never to this extent - that I have put everything together. Taking separate bracketed sets, each to emphasis a separate aspect of the view. I have always tried to get them all in to a single bracketed set. I have run into several problems - but have not thought it through to this extent.

Last edited by interested_observer; 12-28-2013 at 12:25 PM.
12-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep, that is pretty much what it looks like in the Palouse, minus the peacock and the pasted-in skies. I had to grin in that the folk at the Daily Mail don't know the difference between a barn and a farmhouse. There is also the matter of the national park at Steptoe Butte.

Steve