Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rottie*Lover Quote
Rosemary-

You do nice work. I especially like photo #3 in your impressionist folder.

Good luck; I'll be waiting for the good news tomorrow...
Thank you and thanks for visiting my zen space #3 is one of the ones I am taking tomorrow a long with #1, #8 & #11. I had them printed on pearl paper and they are knock outs, better than I could have dreamed. I so hope I come home with less photos and good news Right now everything seems surreal but reality will be here soon enough

04-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
What ever happens Rosemary be sure to let us know. Good luck and congratulations for even being considered!

Thank you so much for your good luck wishes

NaCl(you go girl!)H2O
QuoteOriginally posted by lost Quote
Congrats on getting considered! I would love to see some of the work that is being looked at.
I feel so honored and blessed to have this shot, I just can't express how grateful I am

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Miller Quote
As far as signing, titling, or dating the front of your print, do what you want. If there is a way to do it, it's been done. I've seen no signatures, sigs on the mat, sigs on the mount, sigs on the print border, sigs in the image; all hanging in the same museum. Same with titles, dates, and series info. Do what you want.
Thank you for sharing this info with me. Makes me feel better about what I chose to do

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Exciting news congrats !
I am so excited! Thank you very much

QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
At the level that you are talking about here, I agree with Matt. It isn't a photograph, it's a piece of photographic art. You are the artist. I would suggest not getting carried away with it. You're new to the scene, so stay humble and let the image do the work. Until you become famous, your signature doesn't add to the art work. Even the likes of Ansel Adams signed, dated, and numbered a lot of his images on the reverse side.

Best of luck,
Brian

I am glad you shared your thoughts with me. I must say A Adams is one of my fav photogs
I agree about the sig being small and unobtrusive. It is about the art and not really about me.
04-11-2008, 03:38 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
<snip>I want them for my wall, lol he he he. <snip>What if they don't like my photos? How will I feel about that? <snip>
You answered your own question, before you asked it. Unless your intentionally working for, or trying to create art for someone else, you're working for yourself. If you like your work enough to jealously want it on your own wall, be happy and satidfied. It's absolutely wonderful if others like your work as much as you do, which is what really makes this oportunity wonderful.
I remember how I felt back in the days when I was taking photography courses at my local community college and entered several photos into contests at the schools gallery that were accepted. Just getting accepted was great. I actually won some 2nd and 3rd place ribbons which I still cherish the memory of, even though it was only a real local thing. I can imagine what you're going through. Be proud, be happy, and remember no matter what happens, your work is good enough to be considered.
Best of luck today,
Brian

Last edited by calicojack; 04-11-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typo
04-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
You answered your own question, before you asked it. Unless your intentionally working for, or trying to create art for someone else, you're working for yourself. If you like your work enough to jealously want it on your own wall, be happy and satidfied. It's absolutely wonderful if others like your work as much as you do, which is what really makes this oportunity wonderful.
I remember how I felt back in the days when I was taking photography courses at my local community college and entered several photos into contests at the schools gallery that were excepted. Just getting accepted was great. I actually won some 2nd and 3rd place ribbons which I still cherish the memory of, even though it was only a real local thing. I can imagine what you're going through. Be proud, be happy, and remember no matter what happens, your work is good enough to be considered.
Best of luck today,
Brian
Oh, I am so glad you have had wonderufl experiences Congrats on 2nd and 3rd I know it makes you feel really good and how do I know......................................

04-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #20
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is all very cool. I hope you have a great day and get some good interest on the shots. (very nice Btw). We'll be interested to hear what the results were.
04-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted about it here :)