Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photo accepted at the Mercer Museum!

Some of you know that I had an appointment at 9:30 this morning at the Mercer Museum for them to review my photos for their reception and auction coming up on the 18th. I have been thru a bunch of emotions waiting for this morning to come. I took 4 matted and framed photos. 3 people viewed them and all were positive So she turns to me and asks if she gets to choose one!!!!!!!! Lol. So I am about speechless, breathless and I think I may cry. Not because I am sad but , well I don't know why because I am very happy. It is a very strange feeling right now and I don't think it has fully hit me yet. But I do know I am very grateful for every ones info and suggestion that were given in an earlier post. I just feel so honored and blessed.
Here is the pic they selected. I will have to take a better pic of it matted and framed. For some reason my hands are shaking right now

Just adding here that I had this pic printed on pearl paper and it really pops nicely !

Last edited by rmtagg; 04-11-2008 at 08:42 AM.
04-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congratulations! Well deserved for sure.
04-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Miller Quote
Congratulations! Well deserved for sure.
Thank you Matt It still seems surreal right now though.
04-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Huge congrats! Any type of recognition puts a smile on our faces, but getting this type of public recognition has just got to really charge you up. Hopefully this will help increase visibility for your work and spark up some Positive LBA cashflow.

BTW, I've been quietly admiring your macro work, and because of the shots you and a couple others have posted I have sworn off buying any new gear until I have the Tamron 90mm in my bag.

04-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic!! Big crongrats from up north. This is wonderful for you. I bet it's surreal. How long will it be on display? Btw, great job on the frame/matt. The image looks excellent.

To thinl I've spent all this time amd $$ getting sharp glass.
04-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Huge congrats! Any type of recognition puts a smile on our faces, but getting this type of public recognition has just got to really charge you up. Hopefully this will help increase visibility for your work and spark up some Positive LBA cashflow.

Thank you so much I think it is just starting to hit me now. The lady I met with gave me the names of 2 galleries to go and visit so that will be on my to do list for Monday morning. Will just see what happens

BTW, I've been quietly admiring your macro work, and because of the shots you and a couple others have posted I have sworn off buying any new gear until I have the Tamron 90mm in my bag.
Awe, thank you. that Tamron 90 macro is wonderful! I am so glad I was able to get one. I can't wait till you get one and start posting macro pics !

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Fantastic!! Big crongrats from up north. This is wonderful for you. I bet it's surreal. How long will it be on display? Btw, great job on the frame/matt. The image looks excellent.

To thinl I've spent all this time amd $$ getting sharp glass.

LOL, he he he, it is harder than it looks to do But you have me laughing here. I love that tamron 90 macro! Thank you for the congrats Appreciate the comments on the frame and matting, havent done much of that yet. The picture will be there for the annual gala reception and auction. It will go up for auction on the 18th. Hope it sells
Another photog and I are going out to lunch to celebrate Now the big thing....my husband knows nothing of this. Can't believe I have managed to keep it a secret so far, LOL So I want to tell him tonight, can't wait to see his face!
04-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Rosemary! What a wonderful thing! How long will it be displayed?

NaCl(can I say I knew you before you were famous?)H2O

04-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty! Congrats!
04-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Congratulations Rosemary! What a wonderful thing! How long will it be displayed?

NaCl(can I say I knew you before you were famous?)H2O
Thank you It will be ther a week and then go up for auction. Am very excited about all of this. It will be great exposure so we will see what comes from this in the future well I dont know that I will ever be famouse but I am honored to have you as friend here

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty! Congrats!
thank you so much
04-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #10
Veteran Member

That's such a cool shot, as are many of your similar shots! Well deserved congratulations! These are some of the more original shots I've seen in a while, and very well executed.
04-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Congratulations!

Nice exposure (not only the photo one)
04-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Get a bottle of champagne and bask in the glory! Congratulations
04-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #13
Veteran Member

congratulations!!
04-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Small world! My wife used to work at the Mercer Museum, and I got "roped" into playing piano for that charity auction/dinner many times!

Congrats!
04-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Congrats!!