Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PS Elements 6 vs Elements 5

I recently purchased a book by Matt Kloskowski entitled "Layers" which has been very helpful in gaining some understanding of Photoshops "most powerful feature". The problem is that this was apparently written with CS3 in mind rather than Elements, and several of the things he demonstrates, including adding layer masks to non-adjustment layers, is apparently not doable in Elements. Adobe's website makes it sound as if Elements 6 is capable of several things that version 5 (which is what I'm using) cannot do. I'm wondering if any in this forum have made the upgrade from V5 to V6, and, if so, was it worth the $79 cost? Thanks for your input.

CN

04-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I too, would be very interested in the answer between PSE5 and PSE6.

NaCl(enquiring minds want to know)H2O
04-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I would LOVE for Adobe to put out a mid-range software package with more in-depth features than Elements but scaled back from full-blown CS3.

Casual photographers like myself need the features you mentioned but cannot possibly afford $800 for software.

- Andrew