Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SkipperRi Quote
When you get some great pictures you'll be a morning person. As the guys mentioned, the solid tripod is first thing to success. And finding the right spot, with some source of light, sun, street lamps and so on. With that elements you can take more interesting and dramatic shots, but also assure better results in PP. Oh, one more thing, get a lot of coffee.
I am thinking when there is fog in the forecast I might pull an all nighter which is usually the only way I am up at dawn and functional.

02-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
I am thinking when there is fog in the forecast I might pull an all nighter which is usually the only way I am up at dawn and functional.
Practice is everything, my friend. When you usually go up from warm bed?

02-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Fog has a tendency to soften. My inclination would be to crank up the ISO and let the resultant softness work with the image.
02-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marty333 Quote
Hey guys thank you so much!!! I definitely am feeling more confident! I have an abandoned golf course behind my house so I was going to use that! And sadly there was no fog this morning! So I'll try again tomorrow!
You may already know this, but here's a quick tip on how to tell if there's going to be fog or not. The closer the temperature is to the dew point, the more fog you'll get. I used to check out the Weather Channel when they'd give the local info. They usually have the temperature and dew point listed. If they're within a couple of degrees of each other, get dressed and head out!

02-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #20

Original Poster
Wooh! Thanks for the fog tip! I'll have to check that out!
02-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
You can always find a convenient rock, wall fence or something around to place the camera on and use a remote to fire the shutter.
02-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Be prepared to use flash if your face comes out too dark compared to the foggy background. You might not need it, though. You can also use Lightroom or other software to selectively adjust the exposure later.