Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2007, 07:31 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twilli53 Quote
I just downloaded a trial of Bibble Lite. It looks like it will do everything that i need. Was working with PSP XI but don't know when they will support the K10D ,so i will work with Bibble and move on. Ive only used it for a couple hours and I am surprised how much I've picked up . Must be a fairly easy program to use.
I downloaded Bibble Lite a week or so ago too. I've been impressed thus far, seems easy to me. I tried the LR demo, and removed it quickly. Too steep of a learning curve for me. Tried Silky, liked it, but didn't like the cost.

I still only have a DS, so I could still use RSE, but I like the output of the other converters better, plus, I'd like to have a program which will support my next body.

02-15-2007, 06:56 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Loved RSE and RSP with the DS and Olympus E300. With K10D I just use Pentax/Silky free software to convert to 16bit tiff and load into Photoshop CS2 for all the editing. Never even go into Pentax lab. Works well. Silky seems to do reds better than RSE did, or the K10D does reds better than DS.
thanks
barondla
02-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #33
cmv

This is for my Pentax DL. I liked RSE but the colors were off. ACR is nice but it too does a bad job on the colors. The Pentax one seems to work well but it has a face even a mother would have a hard time loving. I tend to avoid SilkyPix as I don't like any plastic in my photos but in a shootout I saw recently it scored in the top 2. The other was Bibble and that is what I like the best so far. The colors are good, there are a number of third party plugins (many free for basic but money for additional functionality) and it is fast. The interface isn't as smooth as the rest but I got used to it quick and now I actually prefer it. I didn't find the learning curve all that high. Just read the basics on the Bibble site and you're good to go.

Bibble pros:
- $70 for lite with basic NoiseNinja
- $130 for pro that you can install on Windows, Linux and Mac and has extra NoiseNinja functionality (you can install on any/all of the 3 platforms as long as you only run it on one at a time)
- excellent conversion quality - colors spot on, etc
- powerful plugins (Andy is awesome for black and white -- simulate different films and papers)
- fast
- support forum *with* developer presence that actively discusses product with users

Cons:
- no support for DNG but I'm sure it is coming eventually (but it might be a while based on what I read on the forums)
- GUI is a tiny bit hoggy in terms of screen real estate (I'm using it on a 1280x800 notebook though)

So I'm testing Bibble and so far I think it's the winner in my book. If I get it I'm going for the $130 edition as I use a bunch of different operating systems (if I was only using one platform I'd probably buy only the $70 version). I'd also buy the full version of the Andy plugin as it just kicks ass. Here is the site for Andy:

Andy - B&W Film Simulation - Nexi

I wish Bibble had student pricing but their price is still very reasonable.