Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Second and Third 'professional' gigs

Hey everyone!

For those of you who don't know, I had my first 'professional' gig a few weeks ago where I got to shoot Maroon 5 for work. The thread is https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/24391-first-professional-gig.html and it has most of the info you need.

But my new news is that because of work I got to take photos of Henry Rollins doing an interview with one of the girls from work, and just last night I was back in the pit for a Matchbox 20 concert!

Of course, I can't show the Matchbox 20 photos due to licensing etc, but same deal as before where I'll post a link to the webpage that will host them. As for the Henry Rollins gig, the photos aren't spectactular as they were just taken during the interview with no posing etc - just of him talking. I've attached one for you to see.

Some general note though, taking good photos during interviews is hard! It's not like a model shoot where you have control over the subject at all! Though I guess I should've known that.

As for the Matchbox 20 gig, it was similar to the Maroon 5 one but the lighting wasn't as great and the main singer, Rob Thomas, worked the crowd a lot with his energy - pacing up and down the stage etc which made it very hard to follow him about to get some decent photos. Setup used was the same as for the Maroon 5 concert though - 31mm, ISO340, f/3.2, 1/125 shutter speed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
04-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, my boy is getting up in age, look at all that grey. But that is a nice shot, very impromptu. I like that he is not looking at the camera, and his front hand shows motion. I digs it.