Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

4gb sdhc card not working?

i checked for the k100d and it says 4gb sdhc max ..... so the card should work right? it says "memory card error" or something like that, and even on the pc it doesn't load up.

am i missing something? i was really excited to get the 4gb card, now not so much

04-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by impete82 Quote
i checked for the k100d and it says 4gb sdhc max ..... so the card should work right? it says "memory card error" or something like that, and even on the pc it doesn't load up.

am i missing something? i was really excited to get the 4gb card, now not so much
I have a SanDisk Ultra II 4 GB SDHC card in my K100Ds and it is working fine. Does your SD card reader support SDHC cards? The fact that your card does not work in your PC is a bad sign.
04-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hmm i guess not, but i connected it through the usb to pc and i get nothing either .... and i just read about the firmware update, which i can't even do cause i can't even get into the card .... this really sucks

04-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #4

i have a 8g sdhc in my k100ds and works great have you tried to format? doesnt sound to goo that your pc will not read it may be bad

04-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
may be a bad card or bad pc? lol
04-18-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
lol it's always one tiny little detail i always screw up on ..... i was trying to copy the firmware file onto the sdhc thinking it had to update with the sdhc card..... but then someone told me you have to do it with the sd card .... IDIOT!!!!!! works good now so im happy once again