04-04-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Winning shots from annual MILPHOG competition

04-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Is Alex J. in there somewhere, or was this open only to DINFOS slugs?
04-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Is Alex J. in there somewhere, or was this open only to DINFOS slugs?
As a non-military photographer by MOS (Military Occupational Specialty), I am not eligible to enter
04-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
As a non-military photographer by MOS (Military Occupational Specialty), I am not eligible to enter
Yeah, that's what I was thinking after reading about the contest. Some nice shots in there, but nothing particularly stunning...

04-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I was pretty upset when I learned myself. I wouldn't have had anything to be super competitive this year, but last year when I was deployed there were a few gems I got lucky with that should have been very competitive.

Sadly, I'm not eligible, which is disheartening because I think in 2-3 years I could really be competitive at that level once I hone my craft a bit more. The military documentary photography seems to suit me, and with my new job (can't talk about it here), I would have a lot of interesting opportunities to capture.

C'est la vie

-Heie
04-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
C'est la vie
Oui, vraiment.

On the plus side, your images are your own and can be entered in wider photographic contests well outside of this one.